Take 16

PAUL's P.O.V.

Whistling while walking around the streets of Eroda, I let the wind caress me along with the swing of good vibes I am feeling today.

Considering the tangles that happened to all of us these past few days, I was just glad that everything's fine now. John and I have subconsciously forgiven each other, we had settled our differences with Jude, and the instruments in the attic served as a bonus for us to make up for the times we didn't make any music.

We really did learned something. It might take time to fix our attitude, but at least we realized our mistakes as an artist.

As for me, I wouldn't have man up if it weren't for that someone I talked to yesterday, y'know.

So I went back to the sweets shop, hoping to find that sweet old lady.

And I wasn't disappointed.

"Oh, hi Billy. Nice to see you smiling today." It's true, I was smiling. "Be a dear and take a seat. I'll treat you some cookies."

I shook my head to decline, "Thanks, madame, but no need to bother, y'know. I'm good, I swear. I just wanted to talk to you."

"I insist!" The old lady tucks in a strand of her red hair as she asked the waiter for more cookies. She's so majestic-looking. Despite her age, she acts as if she's still young.

"So what do you want to talk about?" The waiter placed a plate full of biscuits in front of me and a cup of tea, as well. "I just wanted to thank you for your advice yesterday. Me and my mates are all good now, including our girl."

The old lady places her hand on her chest as she says, "Aww, I'm glad to hear that, son. But just so you know, you wouldn't do the right thing if it wasn't really your intention."

"I know, madame. But thanks to you, I was pushed out of my stupid nut shell. I'm grateful for that, y'know." She giggled at my remark. Ah, that soft tiny giggle.

"If you want me to take all the credits, then fine." Then she takes a sip from her tea and licked her lips. How come that movements feels awfully familiar?

And the biscuits...

I brushed away the playful thought. It might just be someone from a movie or a show back in the 60's.

The old lady and I spent the rest of the morning chatting through the tea and biscuits. We'd talk about politics, music, or things we like to eat.

"I really do love sweets. It's scientifically proven that sugar gets rid of stress. That's why I learned how to make different kinds of delicacies such as cakes, ice cream, biscuits, and other stuff teenagers would find trendy." She tells.

"That's an amazing hobby, madame. You could build up your own business, y'know." I said. The lady laughed, "Silly, Billy! Of course I did! This very store you are in is my shop."

A bit taken aback, I bit another biscuit as my eyes roamed around the store then to the old lady. "So this is what you do for a living..."

She shrugs, humbly, "Aside from being an actress, yeah."

For some reason, she's comfortable to be with. Probably because she's someone who's supposed to be the same age as I was today.

But I still can't wash away the thought that she's somehow familiar. Is she like an actress or something?

I choked upon hearing her words, "You're an actr—"

The old madame shoots a biscuit in my mouth as she gestures for me to shut up. "Sshh, it's a secret. Okay? No one in here knows that I own this shop, not even my workers."