Take 15

GEORGE's P.O.V.

It was a week after John's birthday when I went with Jude to go shopping again. This became a habit though, it's also my way to express Jude that I'm not that careless, arrogant, quiet Beatle anymore.

Speaking of being quiet, "Jude? Are you alright?" I asked while I was the one pushing our shopping cart.

She seemed a bit startled by me asking 'cause she said, "O-Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're not talking to me since we got out. I just want to let you know that you can talk to me about anything. I didn't mean to treat you bleakly back then." I reassured. I hope she knows that I'm being true to my words.

Jude sighs as we stopped to put a carton of chocolate drink in our shopping cart. "May I... request to you about something, George?"

I raised my eyebrows openly, "As long as I can do it, why not?"

"W-Would you mind if you minimize your smoking?" She says. Before I could say anything, she quickly follows up, "I-I didn't say for you to quit smoking, I just... uh..."

"Is it about the scattered cigarette butts you told me a hundred times to pick up?"

"No! No, silly. I... also told the boys the same thing because..."

"Because...?" Damn, why is she so nervous? It's starting to make me nervous, as well.

"I'm just concerned about your health, that's all. You know when a person smokes, not only is his own respiratory system affected but also the people around him are even more affected." She explains like a she knew this knowledge for a long time.

I laughed a little, "Is that so? That's very sweet of you, then." Jude bits her lip nervously as we continued to stroll around the grocery store.

"But just so you know, John, Ringo, Paul and I have been smoking ever since our teddy days. We'll be fine, I appreciate your concern." I flashed a comforting smile at her which she hesitatingly returns.

"Say, would you like to grab some jelly babies before we pay all these stuff?" My eyes glimmered as she said those words.

"You mean there's still jelly babies in 2018?" Jude chuckled, "Why wouldn't there be?"

It's nice to have someone know sentimental things about you without actually telling them. Makes me wonder how Jude got all the information about those stuff and remembering them her whole life.

As we were about to turn to the sweets lane, Jude froze, a shocked expression written all over her face. "What? What's the matter?" She doesn't answer and swallowed a lump in her throat as if she had just seen a ghost.

That's when a male's voice spoke, "Judy? What a surprise to see you today."

"H-Hi Cedric, also didn't expect to see you here." Jude tucks in a strand of her hair as she gestures for me to come closer to the Cedric guy's direction. I observed him; a young, handsome lad with black hair, tight jeans, and his lean figure wearing a black shirt that says Metallica.

He flashes a smile at Jude then to me, who just nodded in response.

Cedric's not that good-looking. Bet I can put this guy to shame without Paul or John's help.

"I see you're with Stella." Jude points at the girl beside the man, holding a basket. "Yeah, we're having a movie night tomorrow with the gang. Wanna come? You're welcome to join." The girl happily says.

This made me look at their shopping basket and noticed a lot of junk food and alcoholic beverages. Aren't they too young to be drinking? Seriously, these are Jude's friends?