Take 18

JOHN's P.O.V.

The minute Jude left the house, it felt like déjà vu. All I could do was run my fingers through my hair in frustration while Paul bite his nails. George and Ringo just stood side by side, still shocked at what just happened.

This is all too much. First, our attitude and now, Jude keeping secrets?

If this was just the normal world, we wouldn't make a big deal out of these stuff. If only we weren't a famous rock and roll band. If only Jude wasn't a girl from the future. Things would turn out differently.

That night after Jude walked out, we all separated from each other. Ringo slept in Jude's room, George just hung out in the kitchen, while we left Paul on his own in the living room.

I wanted to go out and look for Jude but something prevented me from doing so. Just like the four of us, she also needed space. So I went in the underground attic and slept there with the door open.

The next morning was another bitter event. As we all woke up from our separate locations, there was still no sign of Jude. George and I decided to make today's breakfast, with the thought that Jude might come in as she smells us cooking.

We all sat around table, but the center was still empty.

Awkwardly starting our meal, Paul cleared his throat to break the deafening silence that lasted since last night. "C-Can we talk about what happened?"

"You were so stupid, you know that?" I finally blurted out. They all looked at me with wonder. Geez, I never knew I badly wanted to say that out loud. Let alone, to Paul McCartney.

I shook my head and turned to him, "Why were you at the police station?"

Ringo coughed in response to the topic I brought in. George was about to stand up and leave the table but as soon as I shot him a glare, he unwillingly sat back.

Studying all of our expressions, I could definitely say what a messed-up band we are.

"I-I saved a madame from almost getting nicked, y'know. We went to the police station to give out our statements when suddenly you guys came!" Paul nervously explained.

I smirked, "Don't be so proud of yourself, son. I also saved a woman from getting nicked." I diverted my gaze to the big-nose lad in front of me. "Until I noticed someone is a nicker himself."

That's where our dear drummer cried, "I was just being influenced. Believe me!"

"But you know that T'Challa guy, don't ya?" George interrogated. Ringo had no choice but to say the truth, "Of course I do. He's the thief that stole my rings and traded in for Jude's money."

Small world. "And you started working for him?"

"I said I was being influenced! We only steal from those who deserves loss." Ringo points out. "At least you folks had helped yourselves some girls. You even found someone who looked like Cynthia."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as the mic was passed to me. How can he hold such grude against me like that?

"At least Jude knew about my job. Not to mention, it's legal." I emphasized. "And I'm not the only one who brought a bird in the cage. Someone here even brought a politician in."

We all turned to George and waited for his defense. "I'll just grab a sandwich."

"NO!" Paul, Ringo, and I said in chorus. Our dear guitarist covered his face and said, "Fine, I was there when John was chasing Ringo the thi—"