Chapter 133: Sentinel & Guide (X)

Start from the beginning

Just half an hour after Lucian's probe began, there was a change in Shang Ke's side. The otherwise quiet sentinel suddenly sprang up from the bed and pounced on Shang Ke. Yonis moved forward and swept his arms, throwing the sentinel back onto the bed.

All the people watching suddenly stood up, their expressions tense. An ominous idea sprung up in their hearts: did the detection fail? No, that's not it. Shang Ke hadn't stopped supporting, neither was he injured, and the situation should still be under control thanks to Yonis' capabilities.

"Don't activate a protective barrier or use spiritual attacks." Shang Ke's clear voice came through the transmitter.

What? Don't activate a protective barrier or use spiritual attacks? Everyone watched as Yonis did as he was told and relied purely on his physical body to deal with the crazed sentinel's attacks. They all couldn't help the cold sweat from sliding down their face.

Although Yonis was very strong, he would most likely suffer a lot if he didn't use his spiritual powers to resist the crazed Sentinel's attacks. However, to everyone's surprise, although the crazed Sentinel attacked Yonis time and time again, he didn't show any sign of having difficulty dealing with it, and was in fact skillfully dealing with the attacks.

"Spiritual Resonance." Mitchell suddenly spat out two words.

What? This was spiritual resonance? Everyone looked dumbfounded.

The probability of spiritual resonance was extremely low. Every time it happened, it was huge and magnificent, completely unlike the current silence. How could a resonance happen so silently? Only a few walls separated them from the two, but they completely could not feel anything. This was totally unscientific!

"Sir Mitchell, are you mistaken?" The President asked carefully.

Mitchell's eyes never left the screen as he replied, "This is a spiritual resonance led by Shang Ke. Yonis' spiritual powers have blended into Shang Ke's domain."

"A Spiritual Resonance led by the guide?" The crowd was shocked. When they looked at the screen again, they found that the situation seemed to be as Mitchell said. Yonis seemed to have entered Shang Ke's domain and vanished without a trace. Even their equipment couldn't find him, and only the fluctuation of Shang Ke's spirit could be seen. The others couldn't feel the power of spiritual resonance, probably because Shang Ke had isolated them with his barrier.

Doing this required extremely strong spiritual power and control, as well as absolute trust and perfect compatibility.

The sentinel's madness didn't last long, only four or five minutes. One punch stopped in mid-air and he looked confused, staggering back. Then, with a thud, he fell on the bed and fell fast asleep.

Shang Ke slowly withdrew his spiritual power and looked tired. Sweat ran down his forehead and chin, soaking the hair on his temples.

A powerful arm supported him from the back, and Yonis' eyes filled with distress for him. "You've worked hard, let's go home."

Shang Ke nodded, and Yonis picked him up, heading towards the conference hall.

Everyone in the conference hall was already impatient. Seeing the two men come in, they immediately asked, "How's the situation? Have you discovered the cause?"

Shang Ke drank a sip of the warm water from Yonis and answered, "It's smell."

Yonis sat down next to Shang Ke and encircled his waist, oblivious to the surrounding people.

"Smell?" The President asked urgently, "You mean the substance that causes psychosis is transmitted through smell?"

"Yes." Shang Ke naturally leaned against Yonis and explained, "I guess this is a poison with a special stimulating smell that ordinary people and guides can't detect, but sensitive sentinels can. They immediately form memories and erode the spiritual domain, giving their brains the illusion of being enveloped in this smell entirely, like being stuck in a thick fog. Unless they completely use up their spiritual powers, they will smell this 'scent' all the time."