Since he overheard Andi the other day, he wasn't even talking to me. At the commercial filming, of course he put on the front where he was the loving husband and manager, but after we left he sat away from me and at our hotel suite, I didn't get the luxury to sleep on the King bed with him. He made me sleep on the couch without a cover while he ran the air conditioner with it being cold out—it was some punishment he was putting me through.

               I could've told my mother that information. But the fear I felt for what Cairo would do kept me wordless. "Where is Dad?"

               "Store run. I'm making beef patties. Y'all staying to eat?"

               I withheld my answer so Cairo could respond for us. "I wish we would miss yo' cookin'."

               That's what I planned on responding.

               We chatted briefly with my mother in her living room before the tall, glasses wearing father of mine came in from the store. He was so excited to see me, he hugged me tight.

               "Oh man..." he backed up, holding my face between his hands, as I smile. "Ten months is mad long, Jade."

               "I know, Dad, I'm sorry."

               My father kissed me on the forehead. "Y'know I can't be mad at you babygirl. But let's not make it another ten months."

               "Yes sir."

               My father looked at Cairo. "Cairo, how are you, son?"

               Cairo shook my father's hand. "I'm good, sir."

               "Good. Let's grab a beer and let the ladies hook it up in the kitchen."

               We walked to my parent's kitchen where my mother was preparing to make the meal for the evening. My father and Cairo grabbed two beers each before heading down to the basement my father renovated into his very own man cave he bragged about, while me and my mother engaged in a conversation.

               "Where's that handsome Margo?" She asked.

               I sat at a chair at the counter. "Texas with his grandmother. Cairo didn't want to bring him with us being busy with the commercial."

               "And when are you and Cairo having kids? You're my only child. I do want grandchildren, you know, and you're two years from forty."

               I snort at her comment. "Well, make me feel old."

               "Well, you're not young anymore." She stated washing out the pan for the meat.

               "I'm about to work on an EP, I'll be even more busy promoting that. I'm not worried about kids right now." I told her.

               But honestly, I didn't have plans to have children with Cairo. I was pregnant four years ago—early in trimester—and I miscarried because of Cairo. He didn't know about it because I didn't get the chance to tell him at the release party of my UltraViolet album since he was too busy beating on me for having a conversation with another man for too long. I cried a lot about it, but another part of me was grateful because us with a child wouldn't work.