Minahil was their naintara. The apple of their eyes.

"Mamma, ham bhai aur baba ke saath market chale jaate hai," Minahil suggested.

(I will go with my brother or father)

"Tumhare baba aur bhai kaam se bahar gaye hai. Raat tak aayenge. Zyada pareshan mat ho. Purani jewelry pahen lena. Itni saari tou hai tumhare pass," Abida advised to which pouted.

(They have gone for some work. They will come late. Don't be worried. You can wear old jewelry)

"Mamma, aapko acche se pata hai ke hame har cheez perfect chahiye hoti hai. Ham rida ke saath bazaar jaa rahe hai," Minahil said.

(You know very well that I want perfection in everything. I am going to market with Rida)

"Dhyaan se jaayega. Aur aate hue dahi le kar aayega," Her mother said to which she let out a groan.

(Take care and bring yogurt on the way back home)

Minahil went to her room and tied her hair in a pony. She took a shawl from her wardrobe and wrapped it around her shoulder. She put her mobile phone and money in her sling bag.

≤≥≤≥≤≥

"Tum mere liye itna nahi kar sakti. Rida yaar, sirf ek ghante ki tou baat hai. Ham dono fauran bazaar se aa jaayenge. Please chalo na mere saath," Minahil clutched her arm.

(You can't do such a small thing for me. It's a matter of an hour. We will return as soon as possible)

"Minahil ham bohot busy hai. Eid ke baad hamare semester hai. Zara bhi padhai nahi hui hai," Rida reasoned.

(I am busy. I have my semester after Eid and I haven't prepared)

"Meri bacchi, agar ham busy nahi hote na tou ham tumko le kar jaate. Par ham abhi bohot busy hai. Ek kaam karo, tum Harris ke saath chale jao," Harris's mother suggested making her eyes widen.

(My daughter, If I wouldn't be busy, I would have come with you. But I am very busy. Let's do one thing. You can go with Harris)

Blood rushed to her cheeks as she was fidgeting with her fingers. She noticed Harris coming towards them.

"Rahne de, Khala. Harris busy honge. Ham khud chale jaayenge," Minahil said in a dramatic tone.

(Leave it. He will be busy. I will just go by myself)

"Aisa kuch nahi hoga. Harris itna bhi busy nahi ke wo apni bahen ko bazaar nahi le jaa sakta. Usse accha nahi lagega agar tum iss waqt akeli bazaar gayi tou," Harris's mother said making her eyes widen.

(It won't be like that. He is not so busy that he can't take his sister to shop. He won't like it if you will go alone)

He's not my brother, Minahil thought as her mood went sour.

She looks up at Harris and noticed him cringing over the word bahen.

(Sister)

"It's okay. I can take you shopping. I am waiting in the car," Harris said in a cold tone and moved away from there before she could utter a word.

The giddy feeling erupted in the pit of her stomach. She was feeling excited as she was gonna spend the time with him.

Minahil lifted her gaze and saw Rida giving her the mischievous look.

Their plan was accomplished.

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Minahil was sitting in his car while fidgeting with her fingers.