Chapter 125: Sentinel & Guide (II)

Start from the beginning

The original owner's appearance was quite good. After Shang Ke took over his body, the beauty value rose several grades. With extra care, his previous dark and gloomy visage disappeared, and a whole new person filled with energy and radiance stood in its place.

Shang Ke removed his clothes and planned to take a good shower in the bathroom. As he passed by the mirror, he noticed that his body was very thin. It was full of scars, both new and old, crisscrossing together. Only those who'd suffered abuse since childhood could possess so many scars.

Shang Ke had none of the original owner's childhood memories, but he knew that this twisted life began when he entered the anti-government union at fifteen. In his opinion, the man's childhood experiences probably played a huge role in his antisocial behaviors today.

"I guess he was also a pitiful man..." Shang Ke's finger slowly trailed over a scar on his body as he whispered to himself.

After taking a bath, Shang Ke changed into a clean suit, his image looking very different from that of the original owner.

The owner had short, unkempt red hair and black eyes, and he constantly wore dark clothes which gave off a depressing feeling. Shang Ke dyed his hair black and carefully styled it. He then put on warm-colored comfort clothes. With his straight figure and his pair of blue eyes, he sparkled like the sea bathed in sunshine.

After tidying up his new appearance, Shang Ke didn't rest. He logged into the network with the free pass card and used his hacker abilities to input a fabricated identity into a refugee area. The government would provide him with an identity card in due time.

In recent decades, frequent warring had displaced many civilians, so the government established a series of resettlement measures for the homeless. As long as the information was verified correctly, they could reissue the lowest-level identity card and provide free accommodation and food for the next three months.

Shang Ke had no interest in free accommodations. As long as he had an identity card, he wouldn't need to worry about making money. But he wasn't sure how long he could hide. Based on his knowledge of the anti-government union, Shang Ke estimated that they could find him in less than three months.

Appearances could be changed, but fingerprints, DNA, surveillance videos, etc, couldn't be modified, unless he boldly hacked into the government database and completely altered the original owner's information. What worried Shang Ke the most was that the original owner was a guide, and the scent of one was just like DNA. It was unique.

The original owner didn't register in the country's National Guide Union, but the union certainly recorded his guide scent. He could only hide his spirit guide as much as possible to avoid being discovered by them.

In fact, Shang Ke didn't have to worry about this at all, since the original owner wasn't a guide. But first impressions were the strongest, and he already considered this guide status to belong to the original.

Five days later, the identity card issued by the government arrived. He had to say, "It's really efficient."

The low-level identity card was light gray. The front displayed the logo, and the back was inlaid with a chip. In addition, there were no redundant images and characters. His personal information could only be obtained through the card.

After receiving it, Shang Ke immediately left his temporary residence, entered the city, and rented a small house. The noisier the place, the easier it was to hide his identity as a guide, since a sentinel's heightened senses couldn't spread out in a loud environment for a long time.

Shang Ke's choice truly made things bitterly hard for Yonis, who was searching all over for him.

Meanwhile, Yonis thought he was a registered guide. This usually implied that they lived in a high-class residence with a quiet environment. This was his first search target. But as expected, he found nothing.