"Shhh... It was just a dream," he whispered with his lips moving against my moist hair. He should have resented even touching me, but instead he kept stroking his large palms up and down my sweaty back, and let his fingers circle my skin at random places such as my elbow, my shoulder or my jaw. Every part sent signals to my brain to relax, and I slowly came back to reality.

"I hate this," I choked out, and my voice was groggy and broken.

"I know."

I was glad he didn't ask about the dream, because I don't think I would be able to tell much about it. Nothing sensible, at least. How could I explain the giant fist that tried to clench the existence out of me? Or how it somehow felt like someone injected venom directly into my veins, and I just waited for the last painful minutes that were left of my life? It didn't even make sense to me. It was just my brain painting the worst thinkable scenarios for no reason. Well, almost no reason considering everything we'd been through.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

I nodded. Then I felt embarrassed for still clinging to him like he was my life buoy, and I immediately pulled back and dodged when he tried to kiss me.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No. I just... You know, morning breath," I mumbled and looked down. But just as I turned to stand up, he pulled me back and gave me a short peck anyway.

"You know I don't care about that."

Then he got up together with me and I could see him make a grimace of pain.

"Your head?" I asked with a sympathetic frown.

"Yeah. It hurts like hell. Yours?"

I touched the bandage that was partially stuck in my hair, and I already hated the thought of removing it.

"Mine too."

"Are you okay, though? You know..."

I nodded.

"As long as I'm here with you."

We smiled at each other, and I loved the unspoken words we shared. I could read so much in his eyes, and I knew he understood me the same way I understood him. And when he took my hand and hooked two of his fingers with two of mine, it was like I connected with such calmness that I could forget about the horrible dream. Almost.

"I don't think you should wash your hair today," he said with a concerned frown. He studied my forehead carefully while we waited for the water to get warm.

"Your bandage will get wet."

"Yeah," I sighed. I knew I had a couple of new ones at hand, but I was told not to change until a day or two, or if it bled through. But as for now it looked okay.

"Here. Let me tie it up."

Michael quickly found a hair tie and gathered my curls with the greatest expertise, carefully not to cause any pain. It still hurt though, so he kissed the tip of my nose to make it better. That made us both smile.

"Let's get rid of your t-shirt, shall we?"

I didn't hesitate. It was gross and damp. Michael's boxer landed on top of it. Yes, I was wearing his clothes, even though I had my own. It wasn't my idea. Somehow he liked that I was dressed in something of his. It stated that I belonged to him, and I didn't mind at all. But when Michael's own boxer fell to the floor, I shyly turned away. The sight was distracting, to say at least.

"Well?" he said, and reached out to guide me into the shower the same way he used to help me into the limo. I giggled.

"I love it when you do that," he murmured quietly, and kissed my neck.