Hiding

A/N: If you read it anywhere else than on Wattpad (scammy platforms like NovelHD, etc.) it has been stolen and posted without my permission!

_____________

Yuzuru was pressing Anya close to him, making sure that he is not just imagining it, his eyes firmly closed.

-Yuzu? Can we somehow get out of here? I think I might faint soon.

She muffled, her face still buried in his chest. He quickly came back to reality and leaned lower to her ear.

-No objections there, I think somebody just squeezed my butt.

Yuzuru put the plushie pumpkin into her hands and started to quickly unbraid her hair.

-What are you doing?!

-Keep your head down.

He then ruffled her long hair to fall more into her face and took out his face mask from his pocket.

-Put this on.

She did and he pulled the hood of her jacket over her head and turned around, already seeing the security team pushing through and making space for him. He pulled Anya through the mass of people back to the red carpet and wrapped one of his arms around her waist and with the other pulled her head to his chest, covering her face with his arm.
She walked blindly like this towards the arena.

-Yuzu, please don't press so much on my stomach, I am after an operation.

He quickly moved his hand away.

-What happened?!!

-It's a long story. But can you please first of all dictate me your number?

He smiled and put his head lower, slightly uncovering her hood on the side, telling her his number.

-Do you need me to repeat it?

-No.

-Of course not....

He chuckled and they finally got through the Arena door. He then switched to just holding her hand but asked her to still keep her head down as much as possible, so none of the reporters would see her face and led her to his preparation room, where his and other coaches and the rest of the figure skating Team Japan were already waiting.

Yuzuru grabbed the nearest chair and put it aside to one of the walls. Nobody in the room was saying anything, just staring at both of them. He ignored the stares and went to Brian, taking his energy drink from him. He then went back to Anya who was now sitting on the chair, her head still down.
He pulled down her hood and squatted down, being now below her eye level.

-You can take the mask off here, there are no reporters. And drink this.

She took the mask off and finally took a deep breath, her head spinning. She had few sips from the bottle, wrinkling her nose after tasting the flavor.

-Eeewww, how can you drink this?

-Trust me, it's better than a gallon of coffee.

-I choose to disagree.

-You really want to start arguing? Now?

He smiled, rested his hands on her knees and she grinned back at him.

-So judging from your reaction to seeing me, you figured the interview I gave had nothing to do with you? So you are not mad at me?

-I was never mad at you! I was trying to find you so badly....Where have you been the whole time?