Japanese Hospitality III

The little that was left of the day, they spent just like that, Yuzuru refusing to leave his new spot on her bed even when the food came and Anya not daring to object to him in anything. She found out, that somehow while she was in her ten-hour visit to a dreamland, Yuzuru developed a new stern look which she found impossible to defy.

As they were about to go to bed, her phone buzzed with a message.

-Is that your mum?

Yuzuru asked as he was handing her the phone from her bag. He already arranged to have their things packed and delivered to the hospital so they can go on their flight to Canada first thing in the morning.

-Did you tell my parents I am here?!

-No. After I spoke with the doctor, seeing that you will be okay, I just texted Alice, letting her know that you are fine and asleep. As much as I don't agree with it....

-Thanks. They would just freak out for no reason, it's better that way.

Yuzuru sighed but gave up on trying to convince her. He was just glad that he is now on the list and was planning not to bring that topic up anymore, hoping that Anya would forget about it and therefore not even think of removing him as her main point of contact.

-Oh, it's not my parents.

Anya smiled with relief and after a moment of staring into her phone, she started to giggle. Yuzuru couldn't figure out why, but that giggle sounded to him a little bit ominous.

-So who is it?

-It's just Nathan.

-Nathan Chen?!

-Yeah.

Anya tapped something on her phone and then put it away as if there was nothing else to add to the conversation Yuzuru was just trying to start.

-So....what did he text you that was so funny?

-Nothing.

-Oh, those are my favorite jokes. Nothing. Always makes me laugh as well....

Anya rolled her eyes but was kind of proud that Yuzuru is improving in how to use sarcasm.

-He didn't text me anything. He has me in a chess app and he just did his move.

-Oh. Was that move so bad that it made you giggle?

Yuzuru lied down next to her again and Anya's phone buzzed one more time. A big grin spread over her face, seeing that Nathan did his move so quickly and she immediately followed with hers.

-His move wasn't bad, the opposite. But the fact that he now answered so quickly only confirmed my theory. He always takes few days or even weeks before making his move.
We are playing this specific game already for over a month and are barely in a mid-game.

-So which theory do you have?

-That it's not him playing.

-Eh?

-That move was too good to come from him. I mean, he has great potential, but he is really still just learning. I barely pay any attention to our games, but this move is completely out of character for him.

-So you think he asked somebody better to complete the game for him?

-Yes.

Her phone buzzed once more and Anya again just made her move but didn't leave the app, seeing how quickly Nathan is reacting.

✔️ Body and Mind 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें