"Every year he knows how Thanksgiving goes and that we have so many other things in the house to eat before food is ready."

"Girl I know. He just wanted to be up under her." My grandma pointed at me.

"Misty?" They called me.

"I have nothing to say." I sipped my drink.

"Of course not." Chandra teased.

"Then after that, he laid on the couch with his head on her lap like a big baby as they sat watching the game."

"Grandma." I groaned.

"Okay, let me stop." She laughed.

Rolling my eyes, I sat back and scrolled through my instagram. Both Maggie and Sarah had posted pictures and videos of their times in California and Boston.

Sighing, I just double tapped and kept scrolling. This was one of the parts of our relationship I didn't like too much. I wanted to bed free to post but at the same time, I didn't want the madness that came with it.

"Misty?"

Looking up, I gave them my attention.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes, why?"

"You got quiet and had this look on your face."

"Oh. Sorry, just on instagram."

"Oh okay."

Going back to their conversation, it wasn't long after when out food came.

"I prepared a meal I think each person would enjoy and enough so y'all can share it around the table."

"Thank you." Sheila spoke.

"This smells amazing." Chandra smiled.

"If anything just call for me."

"Got it." I nodded.

As my uncle was about to leave, my grandma called him back.

"You put my favorite in this?" She looked at him.

"Yes ma. One shot of Jack while stirring."

"Good boy." She patted his arm.

As we all laughed, he left us to indulge.

August

Sitting in the studio, scrolling through my gallery, looking at photos of Misty and myself. Seeing one her aunt took and sent me of me laying on her, I decided to post it.

augustalsina: Comfort, serenity, trust and L O V E. All a man needs in life.

As my phone flooded with notifications after that, I just went back to what I was doing. It was hard not being able to freely express feelings with the world like I wanted but at the same time, I didn't want anything or anyone coming at Misty.

"Yung?"

"Yo?"

"Phone bruh."

"Yeah man I know. Just ignore it."

"Nah man, its ya Sweet Face." He laughed.

"Oh. Alright man." I laughed coming out of the booth.

"Yeah baybeh?"

"You're all those for me too." She smiled.

"I know love, yeen gotta tell me."

"You're so ugh." She laughed.

"You got a nigga like that. Whea ya at though?"

"In the bathroom of my aunt and uncle restaurant."

"Oh aight."

"My grandmother got your mother and sisters on her bandwagon where messing with me about our relationship is concerned so I didn't want to say anything out there."

"Her old ass need a man ta keep her occupied." I laughed.

"Nah she don't."

"Hmm. I hear that jealousy kicked in so quickly."

"Shut up."

"Shit yo ass might pull a Kayden on a nigga if she does get one." I laughed

"Good bye August."

"Awe baybeh."

"I'm done speaking."

Ending the call, I laughed at how she was being. She was just as much territorial abour her grandmother like Kay was of me and Dest of her.

"Yo let's finish this so I can be out."

"Got it man."

******

"What are they saying?"

"Its a lot of speculations as to who I'm laying on." I looked at her.

"You want to just put it out there and be done. Like I want to be able to post freely if I feel to."

"You been watching Maggie's posts again huh?" I laughed.

"Yes." She sighed.

Laying here head on my shoulder, she played with the string on my hoodie.

"Its not that I want to put it out there for people to see or to show off our relationship, I just."

"Baybeh, if ya want ta show ya man off then by all means. I just know how much of a private person you are and I honestly don't want anyone coming at you."

"I know."

"But you do ya thing. Honestly I want to show ya off." I laughed. "Let niggas know I got me an angel who about something."

"Okay." She laughed.

"Shit I know who and what I got and you're worth showing off."

Sharing a kiss, she exhaled as she made herself comfortable. Reality was, people were going to be jealous or have something to say regardless so its whatever at this point.