Chapter Twenty-Four: My Birthday

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Tasha" I said with a smile.

I opened the bag and smiled.

Tasha got me a nice makeup kit, and it's the one I've been dying to get.

"Thank you so much Tasha, I love it" I said with a smile.

"Oh I'm so glad, happy birthday sweetie" Tasha said as she hugged me one more time and I hugged back.

"Thank you Tasha" I said.

She smiled and nodded before taking her seat at the table.

I finally finished eating my breakfast, along with Bree and Chase.

Everyone else was still eating breakfast.

Dad walked up to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me off of my chair.

"Alright pumpkin, this is my gift to you" Dad said as he handed me a nice yellow bag.

"Thank you dad" I said with a smile.

I opened the bag and instantly smiled when I saw what dad had gotten me.

It's a picture frame of me and dad, him holding me when I was a tiny little baby

"I remember that day perfectly, that was the day I had taken you in and decided to raise you as my own daughter" Dad explained.

I smiled softly at him and felt myself close to tearing up.

"I will never forget the day. That day was the most important day of my life" Dad said with a smile.

I couldn't contain myself anymore so I ran to him and hugged him as tight as I could, tears streaming down my face.

"I love you so much dad" I said.

"Oh pumpkin, I love you too" Dad said.

The others soon walked over to us and joined the hug.

After about a minute we all pulled away and I wiped my tears away.

"Thank you so much dad, I'll treasure this gift always and forever" I said.

"I know you will pumpkin" Dad said and I smiled even more.

"Since we're still handing out gifts, I still have to give you mine" Chase said with a smile as he walked over to me.

I smiled and he went through his pocket and took out a white box with a red ribbon tied in the middle.

"For you sweetheart" Chase said and I smiled.

"Thank you bubba" I said as I took the box from him.

I untied the ribbon and opened the box.

My eyes widened in shock and I let out a small gasp.