-chapter 26-

Me and Liliana haven't spoken a word since we left our house. All the way up the hill and all the way back to out dorm we said nothing.

I wish I could apologise, tell her why I did what I did. But I can't. It'll only mess things up worse than they already are.

And thats a shit ton.

As I get ready for bed, I feel this overwhelming urge to just forget about everything and just be happy with Lily.

To live a typical, highschool couple life like most people.

I wish it didn't have to be so complicated.

Silently making my way under my sheets, I can't help but feel a pang of sadness in my chest when Lily gets into her own bed.

Don't really know what I was expecting but it still hurts.

I feel cold at the lack of her presence, lonely even though shes 10 feet away from me.

"Goodnight Lily." I say quietly, biting my lip in anticipation for her response.

Which I never get.

Yeah, that hurts.

I close my eyes even though there's no point. With my lack of sleep pills and no Lily by my side there isn't a way in hell I'm getting any sleep tonight.

So I lie there, left with nothing but my emotions,praying to some higher being that I actually get sleep tonight.

-

Yeah that didn't work out (an: so i decided to have a break from boys,and you'll never guess who i met. TALL LARGE HENRY THE EIGHTH)

I'm pretty sure Liliana's alseep by now. She has to be right? It's been more than a couple hours and I gather she's not as dependent on my presence to sleep.

So I slowly creep out of bed, rummaging in my drawer for something and exiting our dorm, making my way down to the hall.

This place should really invest in some security cameras, it's way too easy at this point.

The cafeteria is deadly silent, the room nothing but a dark and gloomy hall, echoing like a bitch.

I know I shouldn't be doing this.

I know that this is the most fucking stupid idea I've had today, even worse then running away from Lily but I can't help it.

Emotions cloud judgement.

(omniscient POV)

Billie carelessly walks around the cafeteria, planning where she should start, unaware of the girl making her way down the first flight if stairs, trying to find where she went.

Lynx had decided to follow Billie, having not slept a wink all night due to her crush's lack of presence.

She had planned on just aimlessly laying in her bed till the morning rolled around but Billie peaked her interest so the girl decided to follow her.

She has no idea of Billie's plans and quite frankly, she doesn't know if the girl does either, she's very spontaneous.

Billie takes a deep breath, grabbing the lighter she earlier took from her drawer and clicking it open, revealing the bright orange flame.

She smiles, calmed by the fire that flickers in front of her.

Billie's ways of expressing her emotions are never good.

She doesn't know how or like to talk to people about them so instead, she lets her them out on objects, people, everything.

Even herself.