-chapter 11-

"The letter was beautiful." I say randomly, breaking the silence in the room.

Me and Billie had been sat on her bed, her head resting on my shoulder whilst we stared at nothing in particular for 20 minutes.

"Ew bro, don't even bring that up, it's so mushy." She cringes, her head suddenly jerking to the side.

"One, no it was not, I literally cried reading it." I laugh softly, trying to recite it back in my head. "And two, you okay?"

Billie had taken her hands off her lap and seemed to be holding her head still.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's nothing." She mumbles, head now facing down as she rubs her temples.

"You sure?" I double-check, leaning away so I can look at her properly. Her eyes are wider than usual and her hands slightly shaky

She doesn't reply for a minute, her hands struggling to keep her head still.

"Fuck!" She curses. "Can you go into the second draw down and grab my essential oil?"

Confused, I walk round too the other side of the bed.

"Uh, sure."

I hand her the bottle, her struggling to keep it still as she jolts her head.

"Billie, are you sure your okay?" I say, now more nervous than before.

"Yeah, just." She clicks her neck. "Tic attack."

How the fuck did I not notice that before?

Not saying a word, I hold the essential oils in one hand and give Billie a sideways hug with the other, her immediately burying her head in her chest.

As she calms down, I trace small circles up her arm calmingly, whispering small words of comfort occasionally.

"Sorry." She mutters, clearly embarrassed. "I don't know why that happened."

I run my thumb over the back of her hand, sending her a warm smile every though, with her head on my chest, she can't see it.

"It's fine, it's not your fault."

"Anyways." I continue, trying not to draw any more attention to her tics. I know it will only make it worse.

"We probably need to get to lunch soon, we've missed period 1,2 and 3." I laugh, just now realising how long we've spent in the room.

"Damn, teacher's pet Liliana's missed 3 classes, how will she cope?" She mocks overdramatically, rolling her eyes.

Shaking my head, the room falls into a comfortable silence again. This is what true peace feels like.

"Thank you for today." I whisper, a small smile on my face.

"Thank you for not hating me." She murmers back in response, making us both giggle.

God, only if she knew just how much I don't hate her.

"I'm hungry but I also don't want to move." I groan, the feeling of Billie's head against my chest the most comfortable I've felt in a while.

It's weird to think just yesterday, I was yelling at her, hurting myself and her with words that weren't true.

I feel like the letter she wrote really made me look at her in a different way. And that's a positive thing.

I like this new Billie, this mortal, humane person.

"Come on." Billie laughs, grabbing my hands and pulling me up off her bed.