-chapter 3-

Why the fuck did that happen?

Why the fuck did I let that happen?

I could of easily given her a singular kick and walked off, but no. I let her beat me up.

And something tells me this won't be the last time.

Holding the left side of my face gingerly, I hold my card up against the scanner, opening the dorm door and immediately head to the bathroom.

I hadn't actually looked in here earlier but it's pretty nice for some shitty boarding school.

As I turn to face the mirror, I let out a small gasp at my appearance.

A bruise is already starting to form along my jawline and I can tell that by the morning another one will be present just below my eye.

Great, it's my first day at this school and I've already made myself hated.

The bruises aren't even going to be the worst part about my appearance. Multiple cuts lay across my face, blood already dripping from them.

Not wanting to mess up this pristine bathroom, I pull out my phone and race to my contacts, calling Xanon.

She'd given me her number in period 3 when we had separate classes.

I wait as the dull rings of the phone sound down my ear, waiting for Xan to pick up her phone.

The wait only last for 5 rings before she answers.

"Damn girl, it's only been 10 minutes? You miss me that bad?" She teases, I can pratically hear her smile down the phone.

"Where are you?" I choke out, walking out the bathroom.

"I'm in my dorm, just got here, why do ask?" A tone of concern laces her voice.

"What number?" I ask, ignoring her question.

"I'm on the floor below you, first door but why-" before she can finish, I hang up, tears blurring my vision.

I don't know whether it's from the pain in my face or the fact that I just got beat up.

I know I sound like such a baby right now but I really wanted this school to be a fresh start for me. Make some new friends, become more productive.

Walking so fast I'm pratically running at this point, I make my way across my floor and down the stairs to Xanon's

I knock three times on the door, Xan opens it almost immediately.

"What's the-" She stops mid-scentence, catching sight of my face.

"Oh, Lynx." She says, pulling me into a hug. I don't think I've had one of those since Chelssy left. I honestly forgot the feeling.

"Ow." I wince as my jaw scrapes against her shoulder, causing her to pull away quickly.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She apologizes, dragging me over to her bed to sit on. "Hold in I think I have an ice pack somewhere."

I take this moment to have a good luck around her room. It's certainly a lot smaller than mine which makes me wonder if hers is big or mine small. And why?

Xanon's side of the room is kind of refreshing in a dark way. I don't think there's a single inch of wall to be seen amongst all the posters, pictures, decor amongst other things. It fits her aesthetic perfectly.

"What happened?" Xan asks, taking what I suppose is the ice pack from her mini drinks freezer, walking over to sit on her bed next to me.

"Thanks." I say, taking the pack from her and placing it on my jaw.