Ep 27

Y/N's POV

I nervously played with my fingers as I sat in the car with Kai and the Kim brothers. I was sitting between Kai and Minseok. "Don't worry too much," said Xiumin, "We'll handle things if something goes wrong." "Thanks," I said. "Umm... Does the Oh family still live in Gangnam-gu?" I asked, as everything went silent. "Still?" said Suho from the front seat. "I used to know Sehun a few years back and they lived there at that time," I explained. "They were childhood sweethearts," Kai muttered. "Oh!" said Chen, "So that's why you wanted to impress Mrs. Oh!" "I don't want to impress her," I said, "She's..." "Scary? Hypocritical? Money-loving?" said Minseok. I just kept quiet. "It's okay," said Kai, "I won't let her hurt you, okay?" I nodded, as Kai put his arm around my shoulder comfortingly. 

"Here we are!" said Suho, looking out of his window, "They seem to be waiting..." "Wow," I mumbled, "This will be a once in a lifetime..." "C'mon," said Kai, getting out of the car and holding out his hand for me. I gladly accepted it and climbed out as well. I really hate these heels! How am I supposed to walk? I had literally taken them off when I came down the stairs in my apartment. "Be confident, okay?" whispered Kai and I nodded as we walked towards Mrs. Oh who was waiting with Sehun and Mr. Oh. "I am so happy that you accepted the invitation!" exclaimed Mrs. Oh, a sweet smile on her face, which made me feel as though I was dreaming. "Of course, Mrs. Oh," said Chen, bowing his head, "It's our pleasure, since we might be working on many projects together in the future." "The pleasure is all ours," said Mr. Oh.

It's been a long time since I saw Mr. Oh... He looks so old and worn-out. I felt a bit sad. Mr. Oh is a really good person and he was pretty nice to me too. "Let's go in then," said Sehun, smiling a polite smile. I looked at him from top to bottom. Perfect as usual~ "Miso-ssi is here too," said Mrs. Oh, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes," I said, a bit nervously. "And this must be Jongin-ssi," said Mrs. Oh. "That's me," said Kai, confidently. Where does he get all that confidence from?! Sehun seemed to be thinking along the same lines as he looked at Kai holding my hand. Soon, we walked inside the huge house of the Ohs. It still looks pretty much the same... The memories I have of this place... "Your dress is very pretty, Miso-ssi," said Mrs. Oh. "Oh uh... Thank you!" I said. "And those must be Wittelsbach diamonds!" she said, looking at my necklace. I glanced at Suho and he nodded. "Yes," I said, awkwardly. "Pretty," she mumbled and I just looked anywhere but at her.

We were finally seated at the dinner table and Mr. Oh was talking business with the Kims. Kai was mostly just listening and speaking up at times. I felt Sehun's eyes on me and looked at him. "You look pretty," he mouthed. I blushed and mouthed, "Thanks." "Miso-ssi and Sehun seem to get along pretty well," said my mom, "She stayed over at his house earlier!" "Did she?" asked Suho, looking at me. "O-Oppa, hadn't we gone to see a movie with Sehun-ssi earlier? You and Jongin-oppa left because of some emergency and it was raining so..." I said. "Thank you for taking care of our Miso then," said Chen, smiling at Sehun and I nodded, adding, "Ne..." "Of course," said Sehun, soullessly. 

Sehun's POV

I don't like this... Any of this. After one lie, she's building up more fairy tales and my mom is actually sucking up to her! I can't believe that the Kim brothers are helping her out too! They seem to be too kind! AND LOOK AT KAI HOLDING Y/N'S HAND! Isn't he supposed to be her brother?! Why is he flirting with her?! I coughed slightly and he looked up at me with raised eyebrows. I gritted my teeth slightly, but I had to let it pass. I can't be the one who gives the game away. It's more likely it would be Y/N who will let the cat out of the bag. She looks the part all right, but she seems too nervous around my mom and mom just won't stop firing different questions at her. I'm getting so frustrated from all of this!

"Uhm... What about dinner, mom?" I asked. "It will be served in a while," she said, keeping her fake smile on, but her eyes looked at me coldly, clearly telling me to shut up. Thankfully, it was served after a few minutes. I looked at Y/N anxiously as different kinds of spoons were placed. I hope she knows the table etiquette. It would be a complete disaster if something goes wrong... I saw Minseok mumble something in Y/N's ear as she looked at the tableware. She nodded and he continued to speak in her ear. She smiled at him and whispered something too. I should've sat beside her instead... I bit my inner cheek as I watched her. 

Y/N's POV

Xiumin told me about which things I should use and I quickly fixed them all in my mind as the food was being served. "Thanks Minnie," I whispered, grinning at him. He nodded and just looked away. Cute~ I shivered slightly feeling a cold gaze on me and saw Sehun looking at me with narrowed eyes. I gulped and mouthed, "What's wrong?" He shook his head and looked away. I followed Xiumin's instructions carefully as the food was served. "Aigoo Miso-ssi eats so elegantly as well," said Mrs. Oh and I nearly choked on my food. Xiumin offered me water quickly and answered for me, "Of course! She is our most beautiful and elegant cousin." Mrs. Oh nodded and I just smiled politely. I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE! AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

"How about we set up a blind date then?" Mrs. Oh said, when the dinner was over. "Blind date?" Suho said, raising his eyebrows. "Miso and Sehun of course," said Mrs. Oh. She's quite brave... "I don't think so, Mrs. Oh," said Minseok, standing beside me, "Miso is returning to France pretty soon." "Yes," I said, wanting to end this play quickly. "What a pity," said Mr. Oh. "When will she be leaving though?" Mrs. Oh asked. "Next week," Kai replied, "And she's very busy until then so... I don't think it will be possible." I was lost in thought as they continued to talk about stuff... Money seems to be really important. Just how much of a difference has it made, when the same person stands in front of you, but wearing diamonds and a good dress instead of a normal outfit. I went from being a wench who wants to steal her boy to a pretty lady whom she wants to arrange her son's blind date with. Impressive. What a pity that I was not born with a silver spoon.

~To be continued~

Thanks for reading~! I love y'all❤