Burn

Trigger warnings: same as last chapter, pain, panic, fire, hurt, language

Dream paced around.  Nikki and (y/n) still hadn't returned, and Techno was going to be back in an hour.  He assured himself they were fine, and that he could tell Techno they needed to go to a nearby village and wouldn't be back until later. 

Techno had a knot in his stomach.  He was nervous, something felt wrong, but he didn't know what.  He had regrets leaving (y/n) alone, and figured that's why he was nervous.  He was running a bit behind, but couldn't wait to get home and see (y/n).

(Y/n) woke up, and felt pain rushing through their arm, it felt like it was on fire, and when (y/n) sat up and looked at it they saw why.  Nikki was sitting against the wall, and she opened her eyes when she heard (y/n) shuffling around. 

"Shit.. ah.. Nikki what are we going to do?" (Y/n) whimpered, trying to ignore the pain. 

"We can try and build a stairway up and slowly make our way around the fortress by blocking ourselves in.... if we don't return in time, Dream will send someone and they'll find us." Nikki looked at them.

"But, if we're caught by a monster.." (Y/n) stopped, not wanting to think about that.

"There's no way, we can either die here or try and escape, but it's going to hurt.  A lot." Nikki stood up as best as she could.

"It'll be worth it." (Y/n) also stood up, crying out as their arm hit the wall.  

They sat down again. 

"Here, give me your bag."  Nikki asked, and (y/n) gave it to her. 

She took the food out and put it in her inventory then cut the bag to make a sling.

"Use this, it'll protect your arm."  She helped (y/n) put it on.

"Let's go." 

Dream saw Techno's horse come up the the stable.  His nerves grew.  He felt something was wrong, really wrong, but if Techno knew where (y/n) was, there was no telling what he would do.   Dream walked out to the stable.

"Hey Technoblade!" He called out, and Techno turned to face him.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Techno asked, and Dream hesitated.

"Yeah!  Just wanted to say that Nikki took (y/n) on a quick supply run, and they probably won't be back until late tonight."  Dream said, as enthusiastically as he could, hiding the nerves in his voice.

"Ok, well I'm exhausted so I'm going home, we'll talk later if you need to." Techno replied, going back to tying up his horse. 

Dream exhaled and went back to doing what he was doing, and Techno headed over to Nikki's witch hut, to see if she had left a note, as she usually did. 

He walked in, getting hit with the many scents, but there was no note on the door or table.  Unusual for Nikki, but maybe they were in a rush and she forgot.  Techno then went to the weaponry to give back the bow he borrowed.  In the chest he saw some things missing... two of each.  When he got home some food was missing, a few days worth.  

Something was wrong, and he knew that Dream lied to him.  He quickly went back to where Dream was.  He slammed open the door to the meeting hall Dream was in.  It was empty, but it was basically Dream's office.

"Where are they." Techno said.

"I told you on a supply-" Dream started, but Techno slammed him into the wall, griping his neck tight.