Job

Trigger warnings: none

3rd person POV

(Y/n) woke up, still being held by Techno.  They smiled, and traced their finger along his arm.  The slight contact woke him up immediately.

"Good morning." He yawned.

"Good morning" (y/n) responded, taking a deep breath in.

"You have to meet Nikki today." Techno said, sitting up.

"Oh yeah!" (Y/n) also sat up, then laughed.

"Hm?" Techno asked, confused at why they were laughing. 

"Your hair!"  They giggled. 

Tehcno rolled his eyes, and smiled.  They then got up and dressed in the clothes they brought from Technos.  They then went to have breakfast in (y/n)'s little kitchen.  

"We have to take you to meet Nikki today." Techno announced, eating his bread.

"Oh yeah!" (Y/n) said cheerfully.  "What's she like?" 

"She's nice." He said shortly.  "A friend of mine."

"Ah ok." (Y/n) continued to eat. 

They then realized that was the only time he had called any of them his friend.  Techno must have taken a real liking to her if he considered them friends.  They finished eating and Techno did the dishes.

They then set off to meet Nikki.  (Y/n) was a bit excited, as they had heard nothing bad about her.  (Y/n) soon found themselves with Techno, at a small little hut, labeled "Nikkis potion hut".  As they walked up to it, (y/n) took Techno's hand, as excited as they were, they were also a bit nervous.  Techno knocked once, then without waiting, walked in, holding (y/n)s hand.

The hut had a scent that (y/n) never smelled before, and they didn't find themselves to like it.  It was many different things mixed together.

"Hey!" Nikki said, turning around, a bottle in her hand.  "You can't just barge in like that-"

She stopped, seeing it was Techno and (y/n).

"Hey Nikki, this is (y/n)." Techno introduced the two, ignoring Nikki yelling at him.

"(Y/n)!  Dream told me a lot about you!" Nikki exclaimed, putting down the bottle, gently. 

"Oh! Hi!" (Y/n) gave a small flustered giggle as Nikki inspected them.

"I'm so excited to work with you!" Nikki picked up the bottle again.

"Me too." (Y/n) smiled.  Nikki was very bubbly, and (y/n) liked her a lot.

"So how much do you know about brewing and potions?" 

"...nothing.." (y/n) looked down.

Nikki gasped.

"We have to start right now!" She bustled around quickly.

"Ok-" (y/n) said, but Nikki didn't seem to hear as she was rushing around getting things out.

"Techno you can come get them around dinner, but you need to leave!" Nikki put all the stuff down.  

Techno didn't say anything, and he didn't move.

"Out out please, this is important stuff, and I don't need you to distract (y/n)." She repeated, and Techno shot her a look.

"Alright, I'll be back later."  He said, pausing before leaving.

"Ok."  Nikki shut the door. "Let's get started." 

"Alright." (Y/n) walked to Nikki who was at her little table.