Map

//Trigger warnings: yelling, mentions of the raid chapter, mention of death//

(3rd person POV)

Techno and (y/n) walked into the map makers house, Techno went in first- not even bothering to knock.  He walked in with a tall, confident posture.  (Y/n) came in behind him.  They were a bit nervous, unsure on how the map maker would react to Techno's non existent manners.  The map maker turned to face them.  

"Hello." Techno said bluntly. 

"Who are you?" The person asked.

"My name is Technoblade.  I need a map."  He announced without small talk.

The mapmaker looked hesitant to talk to Techno.  

"I'm sorry.  I don't serve people like you-" The map maker began, but Techno cut them off.

"Listen here- I need a map that shows everything 100 miles south of here, so you're going to give me one."  Techno slammed his fist on the table, making (y/n) flinch.  

Techno caught the flinch, and he felt a tinge of guilt for scaring (y/n).  Enough people were scared of him- and seeing him scare one of the only people that wasn't already scared of hurt.  A lot.  He couldn't say anything to them now though.  He shot the map maker a look and they gulped, then took in a sigh.

"Alright." They turned around and searched through a chest, pulling out an old map.  "This was real hard to get, so you're going to be paying a lot-"

Techno snatched the map from the map maker.  They gave him an angry look.

"(Y/n). Go outside." Techno instructed.

"But-" They began to protest.

"Go." Techno said firmly, and (y/n) obeyed, not wanting to upset him anymore.  

They went outside to wait and Techno looked at the map maker. 

"You know very well who I am.  Let's keep this a private matter.  Letting you live is my payment."  Techno turned and left the store.

"I- uh, I think I dropped something in there, let me go grab it."  (Y/n) said.  Techno found this a bit suspicious but let them go inside.

(Y/n) walked into the shop, and quickly pulled out and emerald, handing it to the map maker.

"I'm sorry. It's all I have." They said, turning to leave.

"Is he forcing you to stay with him?" The map maker asked. 

"No! Absolutely not!" (Y/n) whipped around to face them.  "Why?"

"....do you not know who he is..?" The map maker asked.

This left (y/n) confused.  They knew that he was a traveler who did missions for people but when they thought about it, they really really didn't know much about his past or anything.  Techno began to get suspicious of how long this was taking, so he opened the door.

"He's a-" The villager began, but stopped once he saw Techno's glare.

"(Y/n).  Let's go."  Techno grabbed (y/n) by the hand and walked out.

"What did they mean?" (Y/n) asked Techno as they walked through the snowy village.

"What do you mean?" Techno asked, still holding a firm grip on their hand.  He hadn't even bothered looking down at them.  He almost felt betrayed in a way.

"The villager, they asked if I knew who you were....and why did they seem so... scared.." (Y/n) was a bit hesitant to ask this, but they were too curious.