The raid

//Trigger warnings: graphic descriptions of blood and gore, along with stressful themes, panicking and panic attack(s)//

Y/n woke up to a noise they'd  heard before, but not enough to name it.  It was like a clopping noise and whining.  They eventually figured out it was a horse, and they looked out their window to see a person riding through the village.  Their horse was covered in shinning armor and so were they.  Y/n couldn't recognize the person, and just as quickly as they came, they left. 

It was a bit of a blur, y/n heard horns they had never heard before.  And they suddenly got a wave of nausea.  They got a terrible feeling and went to their window right away.  The sky was grey, a rare color for the sky to be in the desert, y/n thought.  They noticed the villagers coming out and asking each other what had happened.  But the iron golems rushed them back into their houses.  Y/n saw their dad rushing out of the house, and threw on their clothes to rush after him. 

"Dad?" Y/n called out, running out of the house.  They saw their dad walking into a house with a few other people.  

Y/n felt a wave of panic rush over them.  They felt hot, and even though it was hot in the desert, this was different.  It was an inner heat, a heat flash.  Their head felt light and they stumbled backwards, slipping on a few pebbles they hit the ground.  A villager ran over to help them up. 

"Y/n? Are you alright?" He kneeled besides y/n. And y/n quickly reorganized their thoughts.

"W-where's my dad?  What's g-going on?" Y/n stammered, and looked up at the man who was holding him.

"It's ok, your dad went into that house over there." And y/n remembered that moments ago their dad went into the same house the villager was pointing to. "We're trying to figure out what's going on, you should stay here with us while we wait."

Y/n looked over at the crowd that the villager gestured to.  They wanted to join them, but they couldn't, they had to go home and prepare for whatever was happening.  

"No, no, I have to go home and secure everything.  Whatever is happening isn't good." Y/n responded and the villager nodded in response.  

Y/n slowly got themselves up and walked to their house, they opened the door and walked over to the cauldron and got a drink of water.  They noticed that the cauldron was low on water, and figured the walk to the well would help to calm them, maybe even distract them from the confusion that was plaguing the village.  

Y/n set out to the well, keeping a fast pace incase something happened and they needed to get back to their dad fast.  They hurried along the hard path, and noticed the sky had changed colors, well, a little bit.  It was now a bit red, and the red mixing with the grey only increased y/n's feelings of nervousness. 

They realized that they just wanted to be home the second they approached the well.  The horns had grown louder and y/n became more stressed by the second.  They quickly pulled the bucket out of the well, spilling a quarter of the water, they untied the rope and rushed to pull the bucket off the well.  The horns sounded again and y/n looked off into the distace and saw a group, of men.  They had darker clothes on and grey skin.  One carried a banner high over its head.  Another one led a large grey and blue beast which held rage in its eyes.  

It was them, the sound of horns flew through the air and y/n dropped the bucket.  Water spilled everywhere and got their shoes wet.  They ran back to the village as fast as they could.  They saw the golems trying to force everyone back into their houses.

"I SAW THEM-THEY I SAW THEM!" Y/n yelled, grabbing the attention of everyone around them. 

The golems trotted over to y/n in question.  They couldn't talk, but y/n knew what they were asking.  They pointed over in the direction of the well and tried to speak of what they saw, but words couldn't come out.  It was ok though, as the golems knew what they meant and rushed as fast they their heavy legs could take them in the direction the youngster pointed them in.