THIRTY-EIGHT: News

THIRD PERSON POV

"Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung?!?!?!?!" A loud voice from a small quokka-like man disturbed the busy guy, Chan, who is currently at his desk with no other than his laptop.

"Jisung, why the heck are you screaming? Were you able to give Felix the CD? Why do you look so exhausted?" Chan asked Jisung who is now catching his breath.

"Obviously, I ran to go here"

"You rode the taxi. You took the elevator. You ran from the elevator to my room. Don't be so dramatic."

"Okay" Jisung spoke normally. "You'll be the one who's dramatic after this" he added.

"Why were you screaming again?" Chan curiously asked.

"I have two news for you. Which one do you want to hear first?"

"The good news first."

"Oh, I forgot they are both bad, horrible, freaking news" Jisung said in a very wacky way.

"Just tell me already. Stop being so dramatic." Chan was about to throw his laptop but that's impossible.

"Okay, first, I was not able to give Felix the CD. Changbin please forgive me, I tried but his mom won't leave the room and she even asked me to go with her! What could I do?"

"We can still do that next time. Maybe after Felix got out of the hospital. Don't worry the dead will understand." Chan calmed the younger.

"Another bad news, after Felix get discharged at the hospital, they will go back to Australia"

"What?!" Chan screamed and his eyes began to cry. "Why does it have go be like this?! Shit!" he said and kneeled on the floor and started punching the wall.

"Hyung, what's your plan?"

"I won't lose Felix again. Not this time. Never."

————————————————————

FELIX'S POV

"You can now go home. Just continue resting once you get home." The doctor told me. Finally, I really am getting sick of the atmosphere here. Being at the hospital sucks especially if you're the patient.

It's been days after everything happened. I heard Hyunjin is now at jail as he should while Changbin... I wasn't even able to visit him at his funeral. He really sacrificed himself for me and I feel guilty everytime I remember it.

Jisung visited me yesterday which made me shocked because I thought he won't visit me after Chan left me for his career. I understand him though.

"What's bothering you?" Jeongin asked me. By the way, he stayed with me all throughout. He's indeed my best friend, right?

"Nothing, fox. I just remembered Changbinnie and Jisungie" I replied to him with a smile.

"You are thinking of Chan too, right?" He asked.

"Why would I? He's the one who left me anyway" I lied. It hurts me so much because I thought we can be together just like what he promised but he's the one who dumped me.

"He loves you, Lixie. You know that."

"You don't have to say that, Innie. I'll miss you too when we go back to Australia." I gave him a quick tight hug. I really meant what I said. I feel like I can't live without this fox anymore.

He broke our hug and looked me in the eye.

"No. I'm serious. You have to know this, Lix. Chan was ready to give up his career for you. It's just that..." Jeongin hesitates for a second.

"Why? Tell me please."

"Your mother told him to stay away from you." He said.

"My mom won't do such thing. Please don't lie. My mom wants me to be happy with Chan." I defended because that's the truth. My mom won't do such thing.

"I'm telling you the truth. Nothing but the truth, Lix. Fix your relationship with Chan before anything else, please? Before you even leave. If you just saw the sadness in your boyfriend's eyes when you mother told him those words." Jeongin said while the verge of crying. Is he for real? What if what he's saying is true?

My mom entered the room.

"Yongbok-ah, time to leave."

We drove to our house to pack more things. Jeongin went home already so I was left alone with my mom who now I doubt because of what Jeongin said earlier.

Should I ask her? Maybe... not?

"Are you okay sweetie?" My mom asked.

"Yes, mom. It's just that... uhm..." I really don't know what to say.

"Tell me, yongbokie."

Well, here goes nothing.

"Is it true that Chan did not leave me for his career? Is it true that he did not leave me at all? Is it true that you told him to stay away from me?" I cried. The only thing I'm good at.

"Sweetheart, it's for the both of you. After what happened, I just want you to be safe. We'll be fine in Australia just like we were before."

"Mom, it's not like Chan wanted things to go this way. It was Hyunjin who did this! Why do we have to suffer?!" I can no longer hide what I feel.

"You've been through a lot, Felix! Do you think I do not know all the things that happened to you? I am your mom! We'll go back to Australia whether you like it or not!" My mom told me these words which stabbed me in the heart. How could she say those easily?

"Mom, I won't leave Chan. I'm sorry. Can't we just stay here? I promise things will get better." I begged to my mom and showed her my puppy eyes. I know she can't resist his only son.

"Fine! But if something bad happens to you again, we'll go back to Australia." She said and hugged me tight. She really can't resist me.

"You're the best mom ever!"

"It's not like you have a choice, sweetie."

We giggled.

"What are you waiting for, bokie? Go and find your Chan. Also, invite him to have dinner here. I want to apologize to him." She broke our hug and told me to find my lover boy. My mom really is the sweetest.

After our conversation, I wore a cute outfit to match my face before meeting Channie. But first, I have to go to a store to buy something. It might be useful later tonight.