[T] Scars (Chapter 4)

We got back to Amber's place , "Miya aw your soaked " I looked at her with an angry pout face "Um duh" I giggled . She put the umbrella away and ran upstairs and grabbed me an towel . "Do you uhh want to shower , you look like a wet dog " she said trying not to laugh I punched her in the arm and nodded my head .

"Shoot.. You're gonna need clothes ' she mumbled , I got a bit nervous but didn't make it noticeable , She showed me the were the bathroom was and handed me a T-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts , I turned on the water and undressed . Stepping into the nice warm shower letting the water run down my body I looked down to see my scarred up arms and thighs . "fuck" I whispered to myself

After I came out in middle school and dealing with the bullying , I went down a spiral of depression from all the hate mail my father was receiving at work about his Unfit and unkempt lesbian daughter at school left us . He couldn't take it he moved away leaving me and my mom . But she was there for me , even when I begun to self harm she was there . I put such a toll on her , dad leaving her having to work even harder . My grandmother stopped contacting me but of course sent me money for my birthday but no phone calls or nothing . It crushed my mom , but I'm slowly recovering just for her.

I quickly got out of my train of thought and Finnish washing up and got dressed . I walked out to see amber on the couch just channel surfing . I sat down putting my knees up to my chest to try to cover up my scars . "You okay , Miya" Amber looked at me with concerned eyes

"Yeah I'm okay " I tried giving her a sincere smile but I honestly felt so insecure and uncomfortable because I only wear these types of clothes at home . "I'm gonna shower okay " She got up and patt my head I couldn't help but blush .

I decided to watch some random movie and decided to get comfortable . I sat and waited for Amber it was kinda awkward just sitting in her house without her friends being here .

"Heeey Miyyaaaa" Amber came plopping down on the couch I quickly went under the covers noticing my scars being exposed . "Are you cold" she looked at me a nodded quickly and went back to the movie.

"Ill turn up the heat for you " she smiled

It was 10;30 still late and quite dark no calls or text from my mom I was a bit worried but she probably thought I was stuck at school because of the bad weather , It started to get hot and I thought Amber had fallen asleep . I took off the blanket and texted my mom.

"hey you up.." I heard amber sleepily asking me I looked over at her quickly about to grab the cover again but she stopped me.

"Why hide them ..." The look in her eyes , were so pained and saddening " I don't know what you're talking about amber " I tried to play it off which didn't go well cause Amber ain't no fool.

"What happened to your arms.." she moved a little closer to me touching my hand.

"Nothing..." I really didn't want to concern her , none of them were fresh but I did have some pretty Hideous scars and I didn't want to scare her away with my past and problems.

"Miya.. why lie to me " She looked as if she was about to cry ,, "why'd you do this to yourself " I broke out crying .

She reminded me of my mothers reaction and it broke me , I just layed in her lap crying my eyes out spilling out everything . Nobody really knew about me or even asked so I just told her from start to Finnish it was good ..

"Miya stop crying ..." She lifted my face wiping my tears " You're still very beautiful"

She traced her hand over my scars and gave me hug we stayed like that for a while I didn't want her to let me go , I eventually turned into cuddling and I fell asleep in her arms.