To be the first person Lauren saw in the morning, and the last one she saw at night.

What a crazy notion. She must be high. Intoxicated on epic sex. She needed to clear her orgasm-clouded head.

"So, Miss Camila. How's this going to work out?"

She raised and eyebrow inquisitively, "What do you mean?"

Lauren pointed from Camila to herself, speaking in a clear, firm voice, "You and me. I don't want this to just be a one-time thing. I want to see you again"

She fixed Lauren with a quizzical look. Surely, she wasn't the kind of woman who wanted a long-distance relationship. But then, Lauren said she'd been with Sabrina for a while, and she had no reason to believe Lauren was a player, or a 'ladies man' either. And while she wasn't sure what she wanted from Lauren, she did know one thing for certain; she wanted to see her again. Lauren had rocked her world in more ways than one. With pleasure, and with laughs, and with the tender ways she had. That was the problem - Lauren was so good for her, and she simply had no real estate in her life for this kind of potential. One of them or both of them would wind up hurt.

But she had enough problems, so she made a split-second choice - to be abundantly honest in this instant about how she felt, "I would like that" she said, without agenda, without teasing, "I live on the other side of the country though"

"I am aware of that, and I want to see you again and again. You're not seeing anyone else, are you?"

She rolled her eyes, "No, of course not. I wouldn't do that"

"And you like being with me presumably?"

"Obviously"

"So let's do this" Lauren said in the most matter-of-fact tone. As if a relationship spanning three thousand miles were truly that easy.

"How? How are we supposed to pull this off?" As much as she liked Lauren, long-distance love affairs had a gigantic build-in roadblock.

"There's this thing called an airplane" the girl said dryly. "It flies. You get on it. I get on it. We both get off on the other side"

"Oh ha ha, funny"

"Why thank you very much. I like to make sure all departments are fully functional, including the humour one"

"Well, it is. But I do work a ton, you know" Camila said, her natural instinct to erect walls rearing its head.

"As do I"

"So it might not be that often that we can see each other"

"If you are not interested in this continuing, you should just say so, rather than point out the obstacles" Lauren said, her green eyes fixed on Camila's brown, her gaze serious and intense.

She opened her mouth to speak, but it was as if she'd been injected with an overdose of nerves. One she needed to ignore, "I am interested with this continuing" she said, and it felt like an admission, as if she were confessing something hard but true. Because this was only supposed to be one weekend. This wasn't supposed to be more. But the idea of this - them - ending after one weekend felt like a stone in her chest.

"Good" Lauren said, running her fingers across Camila's calf. Her touch was something Camila was already used to, and already going to miss desperately, "We will manage what we can then"

"Okay, but it might get expensive"

"I don't know how to break this to you gently, so I'm just going to be blunt. I do well for myself. I have frequent flyer miles and a credit card that works"

She heaved out a playful sigh, even though inside that was part of what worried her, and a big part of why she needed to keep her at not just at an arm's length, but a football-field length from Austin. He'd find a way to blackmail Lauren, tie her up into all sorts of trouble. A prominent lawyer boasting a client list teeming with money? She'd have a field day with Austin.

"I want to see you, and I will buy you tickets and buy my own" Lauren continued, "I also have clients in Miami, Pembroke Pines, and I get to the south region a lot"

"I am sure, but I don't want you paying for me. I don't like owing people" she said with firmness to her tone. She didn't want o be in anyone's debt ever again.

"I don't want to be paid back. I want to see you. I'm not buying you. I'm saying I want to date you, and some dates require a cab, and some require a town car, and some require an airline ticket. And if that's the cost of transportation - an airline ticket - if that's my fair from California to Miami, I don't see how that's any different than if you lived in San Diego and came to see me here in Los Angeles over the weekend" Lauren said, keeping her eyes locked on Camila the whole time as she spoke with such confidence.

"I guess, but I don't want to feel like I'm a kept woman" she said, even though she relished the idea of seeing Lauren. The girl had made a more-than-convincing argument that they should make a go of things.

Lauren laughed hard, "No one ever in the whole wide world could keep you. I'm just going to be happy if I can spend a few hours with you"

"You like the sex that much?" she said, playfully pushing her toes against Lauren's hard abs.

"You know I like the sex. I think the part that's not getting through to you is how very much I like all the other parts. I like what's in here" Lauren said, stretching across Camila to tap her forehead with her index finger, "And I like doing the things here" she said, sweeping her thumb across Camila's lips, "that involve talking." She travelled down Camila's chest, tracing a line between her breasts, and landing on her heart, "I also like the things I'm seeing in here"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i didnt proof read, its nearly midnight for me and i felt like updating, sorry for any mistakes.