Ø9

Have you ever waked up from the kind of sleep that you don't know what time it is, what day, what's your name? The kind of sleep you never knew you needed, but it was still the greatest thing that happened to you? That's the kind of sleep Aurora w...

Have you ever waked up from the kind of sleep that you don't know what time it is, what day, what's your name? The kind of sleep you never knew you needed, but it was still the greatest thing that happened to you? That's the kind of sleep Aurora woke up from that morning. It took her about two minutes to realise where she was. That she was not dreaming anymore and she was actually in her bed, feeling her muscles not tensed for the first time in over a year. And for the first time her dreams worked along with her body and she didn't have any weird nightmare. Nothing too stressful, like she was usually dreaming. She thought that maybe it was because she was sleeping next to her husband again. Because they were doing better. But when she turned on the other side Jackson was not there and she was actually taking up the whole space on the bed.

She then turned to look at the time, but her phone was not on the nightstand. So she obviously got way too confused about what was happening. She even thought that she had been drinking the previous night and she forgot about it. But she had no idea how Jackson had woken up earlier than her that day, he had stolen her phone so she wouldn't wake up, he called in sick at work and he let her rest as he took care of everything else. He only needed her to wake up so they could actually enjoy their morning together.

Aurora was walking downstairs when she heard Jackson's voice. "Can you say I love mama?" She heard him asking, she guessed their daughter. "She's going to wake up soon so you gotta say it Audree, for mom." 

"Hi." She said and walked into the kitchen seeing Jackson holding Audree in his embrace while feeding her. "What's happening?" She asked suspicious. 

"We're eating breakfast. Are you hungry babe?" He smiled at her before he wiped Audree who got all messed up with the food. "We got a messy one, just like her mom." He commented.

Aurora completely ignored his comment one she noticed the time on the big wooden clock on the wall. "It's 10? 10?" She freaked out. "I am so late for work, why didn't you wake me up?" 

"Hey, hey." Jackson put Audree on her baby seat and ran to catch up with Aurora who was already speeding upstairs. "No work today. Just you, me and our daughter." 

"What?" Aurora asked.

"We're going to spend the day together, as a family, like we should have been doing all this time. So get dressed, I am thinking about taking a walk at the beach?" He suggested and ran his hands up and down her arms. "What do you think?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"I think I love you."

×××

"This is so nice." Aurora sighed and rested her head on Jackson's shoulder, she watched the view in front of her, the waves coming rushing towards them, but they broke away without touching them. The mountains at the end of the horizon seemed so close, but they were miles away. The life rolling between the waves gave them a moment to breathe properly. Every aspect of this place was so full of life and positivity. Even in the middle of February, where it was cold. The sun was shining on them, keeping their cheeks warm.