ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

12×02

12×02

A loud horn could be heard just outside of Aurora's and Jackson's shared apartment. "Coming, I'm coming." Aurora said even though they couldn't hear her. Amelia had begged her to ride with her, along with Meredith and Maggie, that morning. So they were picking her up on the way. "Jackson, I'm leaving." She called out and grabbed her jacket. "Bye, buddy." She patted Jax's head and walked out.

"Bye babe" Jackson yelled, his voice muffled as he was brushing his teeth.

×××

Outside of Alex's and Jo's house the girls in the car were having a conversation.

"This can't be right. They live here?" Maggie asked as she looked around at the neighbourhood they were at.

"I mean, when you said carpool, I thought you meant just us. No offence, Ari" Meredith looked at her through the review mirror, but Aurora was busy looking through a wedding magazine. "Where is Alex?"

"None taken. Amelia made me come. I was fine coming with Jackson."

"Yeah, I needed you here." Amelia told her. "Are Owen and I going out and I didn't even realise it? Does that happen? Do adults even do that?"

"Should I wear a red wedding dress? Or maybe purple, purple is pretty." Aurora thought out loud. "I am not good at this. I need help."

"I don't know. Stop asking." Meredith told Amelia. "Don't panic. We will help you." She then told Aurora. "Carpooling is supposed to save time."

"This guy with the beard... I have seen him perform a sex act to buy drugs, take the drugs and fall asleep." Maggie said, ignoring everything the girls had been talking about. "He's had a full day already."

"And yet, we're still here."

"Adults go home together. They don't go out. They don't go steady. We're not 15." Amelia huffed.

"You made out with him on our front porch." Meredith reminded her.

"And I have no idea what that means." Amelia placed her head between the front seats. "Uh, I-I thought we were friends. What does it mean?"

"Oh man, you are turning 15 again. I am not going through that phase with you again." Aurora complained as the memories of them talking about their crushes in school came at her.

"Boo!" Alex appeared out of nowhere, scaring the girls in the car.

"Alex!" Meredith yelled. "I've been sitting out here for 20 minutes."

"Well, yell at Jo for not changing her oil for over a decade." Alex replied as he got into the backseat making Amelia sit in the middle.

"Between you and this anatomy class, my morning is shot. I need to stop teaching this anatomy class. Everybody buckled?" Meredith asked as she looked at a text she had gotten at her phone. "Webber needs one of us to walk Bailey into her surprise breakfast thing this morning."