ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

Back in Peru

"Pick up, pick up."

Aurora had locked herself in the room, her back was against the door as she tried to reach Mark. The images in her head so fresh and she couldn't shake them out. "Let me go", she could hear her voice over and over again in her head.

"You know you want this." He whispered with his lips on her neck and his hands pushing her down to bed so she couldn't escape. That man who she had learnt to love in a really short time. The first person that treated her like she was not an outside back at Peru. The first man that made her feel what being in love is. Or so she thought.

The tears kept falling down as the beeping of the phone didn't stop and Mark's voice wasn't heard. "Please Mark." She whispered. "Please."

And just as she was ready to hang up...

"Hey, how come you didn't video call me?" He answered.

"Mark..." She quavered, she could barely hold her voice steady. "Mark I..."

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?" He asked and she heard voices in the background.

"This is a bad time. Are you at the hospital? I am sorry I didn't even think that you would be busy."

"I am at the hospital. I just finished a surgery. But you can talk to me. I am never busy for you Rory." He reassured her. He was always good with that. It was exactly the reason she only wanted to call him and hear his voice. He was her brother and her best friend. She had to talk to him.

It took her a while to explain what had happened; mostly because she couldn't stop her sobs. Mark's heart broke as he heard her like that and there was nothing he could do. And then the only feeling he had inside of him was anger. So much anger, that someone had done that to his little sister. "I am coming there right now." His shouts could be heard loud and clear over the phone as Aurora tried to calm him down this time.

"No Mark, you don't have to come here. I-"

"Avery, book me a flight to Peru." She stopped as she heard him yelling at the person next to him. A person that in that moment she had no clue how important he was going to be to her. "I can't believe this. I told you that you should have come back. One year was enough." He kept on yelling and this time Aurora started crying because of his shouts.

"Stop yelling at me." She cried.

"I'm sorry Rory." He calmed down. "I had promised you to always protect you and you are away from me and there's nothing I can do. Just let me come there."

"No Mark, I'll come back. After I finish the treatment on this little girl. I'll come back after I make sure she is okay, yeah? I'm gonna be fine."