ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

9x14

When I first decided to go against the same hospital that I had recently started working at, the one that put my brother on that plane, I didn't realise how things were going to change, how jobs were going to be at stake; the whole hospital was on the edge of changing forever. I don't regret what I did, because now I know; now I can sleep at night without seeing Mark dying over and over again, but I knew that now I had to somehow fix it.

Doctors don't truly like changes, and at Seattle Grace Mercy West, the only thing people, who worked there, knew were changes. After the hospital payed some of the doctors, who were on the plane, and the families of the victims, 15 million each, they had to do everything to avoid bankruptcy, and their solution was to hire Alana Cahill, a physician advisor. Not to exaggerate but everyone hated her. She had a whole plan of making cuts that would save the hospital, like closing the ER and turning it into something that would bring in the money; she also placed cameras all over the CCU to help the doctors reduce mistakes and improve patient care.

It was just a big mess...

"I just need a beer, can we please get a beer?" Aurora begged Jo that day. She was furious over the man behind the camera that was watching and criticising her every move. "I am too old for this I swear, too old. You're young and you are full of dreams, but I am this close to quitting." She made a hand gesture to show how done she was with the situation that was going around the hospital that day.

"I made plans with Alex, you can come if you want." Jo suggested as she tight her shoes.

"Oh, I don't want to be the third wheel." Aurora commented, thinking about how Jo and Alex were always hanging out with each other.

"Oh come on, he's like a brother to me." Jo argued. "It's like you and Shepherd dating."

"Ew! That's not the same, not in the slightest." Aurora made a face of disgust. Derek was the closest person she had in her life these days and compering it with the weird, in her head, friendship Alex and Jo had just made her want to vomit.

×××

A little later on Aurora was about to knock on the door of Alex's house when a person came up behind her. She turned her head and came face to face with Jackson, who tried to give her a small smile. Since that night at the hospital they hadn't been talking much, Aurora tried to give him the space that he needed, and Jackson didn't really try to hang with her, as it was still kind of difficult for him.

"H-hey, I didn't know you're coming. Jo invited me." She stuttered just a bit as she looked at him. "I can go if I, I mean, you know, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything." She rambled.

"No, no, no" Jackson said too fast. "I knew you were coming, Alex told me. I wanted to hang out with you." Aurora's face broke into a smile at his words. "You don't have to go. I don't want you to go."