ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ˢⁱˣ

12×03

That night the girls have gathered at Meredith's place to celebrate her job promotion to head of general. Only, there as a slight problem with the paying matters. "Bailey? Bailey did you like this?" Callie exclaimed, still shocked that everyone else was getting a bigger paycheck than what Bailey offered Meredith.

"I mean, who knew that Bailey was the man?" Meredith said and grabbed a handful of popcorn to eat. "I thought the offer was fair. I mean, for me, it wasn't about the money. Bailey said she needed me. The job just fell in my lap." A noise of protest could be heard around the room when Meredith said those words.

"No, you earned, that job, okay? You need to go back and renegotiate. Underline the word need. She needs you, the hospital needs you, so you are going to demand what you deserve." Aurora said strictly and took the glass of wine out of Callie's grip.

"Ari's right. Men do it all the time. They walk in, they adjust their man parts, they get more money." Amelia said.

Callie nodded her head in agreement, "yeah, we all did it. I did it real good. I mean, I got... I make a lot more than you."

"I know. You said that!" Meredith yelled. "Okay, I mean, what's the worst that they can say? No? I mean, I'd just go back to my old job."

"Ay, no." Callie argued.

"You can't go back. You'd have to move to another hospital, maybe another state." Callie and Aurora laughed at Amelia's words.

"Maggie, what do you think?" Meredith asked her sister.

"Uh, don't ask me. I make terrible choices. I can't be trusted. I could be having sex right now. Six months of my life dating that man. Six months... that is an investment. He was nice."

"Ethan." Amelia said as Callie and Aurora looked confused at Maggie's sudden outburst. Maggie was dating Ethan the previous year and she ended things.

"He was funny, he was cute, he was sexy. And the sex... First prize in the talent competition and the long jump, if you know what I'm saying." The rest of them raised their glasses, a smile on their faces. "But he spit a little bit when he talked, and he said "all-timers" instead of "Alzheimer's. And I got bored. And I slip away. I let it frizzle out. And then within another six months, he finds someone else he's ready to spend the rest of his life with?"

"I get that. That can happen." Callie said, a dreamy look on her face as her newly formed relationship was going so great.

Aurora stayed quiet, not really feeling like rubbing in her face that she was getting married soon, even though they had a rough patch for a while.

"I make terrible choices." Maggie cried. "I leave things behind and just let the bridges burn. I did it with Ethan. I did it with Dean. I did it with my entire life. Oh, my God. I did it with my entire life. One day, I chose to learn a little bit about my birth mother. Cut to I live in her house with her daughter, and I work with the kind stranger who fathered me, and I left behind an entire life and family that no longer exists. My parents are divorced. My childhood home is sold. My mother is in Hawaii making soups now. I... I have no home. It's like I-I flew to this planet on an exploratory mission, and the Earth blew up behind me and I can't go back. And now I'm here with you aliens. Except I'm the alien, and I'm all alone, and I have nothing, and no one wants me."

Aurora gave Meredith a look. "You got us. We want you."

"I can't have sex with you." Maggie yelled.

"No." Maggied sobbed. "You're a Cylon. This is Galactica."