Ø5

15×06

15×06

The poet Octavio Paz once wrote, "The Mexican is familiar with death. Jokes about it. Caresses it. Sleeps with it. Celebrates it." It's called Day of the Dead.

It's the one day of the year where the people who you love that died come back to be with you.

Aurora was familiar with the holiday. She had spent a great amount of time celebrating it in Peru; 'Día de los Difuntos' is celebrated across Peru on the 1st and 2nd of November. It didn't have the same meaning for Aurora as it did that year.

When she entered the hospital that day she was feeling the atmosphere weird, but she knew that it wasn't the hospital, but her. The memory of the people she had lost, Mark, Derek, her baby, it was like they had come back haunting her. 

She tried to put on her best smile as she noticed Link approaching her. They had become somewhat close the last few days as they were all hanging out at Joe's, singing and enjoying some drinks. Aurora needed some friends that weren't close with Jackson, that they hadn't really known her previous life. Link was the perfect person for that. And DeLuca knew things, but he didn't know enough to actually question her about what was happening with her and Jackson. She had no clue what was happening. Apart from Jackson trying to win her trust back.

"Sloan" he greeted her, "we missed you last night."

"Oh, you didn't have anyone to bring your mood down with break up songs?" Aurora joked, but it was somewhat true. Every time it was her turn to pick out a song when they were hanging out, she'd pick the most depressing, heart-wrenching song. "I am very sorry that I did that to you but I was with my daughter last night."

Link chuckled at her and their attention got caught by Jo yelling at her husband. "Best chief ever!"

"Such a good interim First Lady." Link and Aurora approached her.

Jo scoffed at Aurora's words. "I'm trying. He's grumpy all the time."

"You sure that's not just marriage?" Link teased her.

"Just 'cause you're scared of it." Jo rolled her eyes at him.

"You should be. It's all love and sex until your heart is on the floor beaten up and smashed." Aurora's voice was distant and once she realised that Link and Jo were looking at her worried. She snapped out of it and smiled at them. "But you have nothing to be scared of." She patted Link's arm friendly. 

"I'm not afraid of anything but global warming." Link joked trying to lighten up the mood.

"Oh, you know who's single? Meredith." Jo said as the idea of her friends dating came at her.

"Grey? Yeah, no, she's not into me." 

"Well, not yet. Listen, I know that you look like that" Jo made a hand movement around his face and his body, "so you're not used to having to, like, put in the work."