ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

10x01
10x02

"I'm in love with you Jackson."

There is a moment in your life, or maybe more than one, that your whole world stops for just few seconds. It's like you only then take the time to understand fully what you've done and what it means. That was exactly what was happening to Aurora as her words lingered in the air, waiting for a reply.

Jackson's thoughts were running wild in that moment. For multiple reasons. He couldn't believe that all those months he kept thinking that nothing would ever happen between them. He was just coming in peace with that. He was trying to move on. He was trying to be her friend, even though he was particularly doing a good job at acting as just a friend.

And then something Mark once said to him popped into his head.

"I have a sister. You've heard about Rory. She's pretty. Sloans have good genes. But she's not just pretty. She's also very kind and bright. She has a "magic" effect that makes people like her. She's coming back in a few days. You should guys meet." Mark was trying for days to find Jackson a girlfriend. His sister was the perfect catch. Mark cared about both of them so much that he just wanted to make sure that they would always be happy. And there was no better way to reassure that than pair them up. He knew them both. He knew that it would just work out. And he was probably not wrong.

"Are you seriously hooking me up with your own sister?" Jackson asked.

"That's a strong word to use for my sister, Avery. Unless she wants that. I'll find out in a few days." Mark Sloan knew that he was playing with fire in that moment. Aurora would never agree with him to set her up with someone. Even if that someone was the kind of person that she would fall head over heels for.

Mark took his chances and if he was there in that moment he would scream "I was right" at their faces.

"Please say something." Aurora snapped him back. She was starting to shake. She wasn't sure if it was because she was still wet or because she was nervous. Whatever the case was, the adrenaline from before had faded away and she was feeling everything at once.

She tried to stand up from her spot at Jackson's bed. But as she made a move, Jackson grabbed her arm stopping her.

She stared at his hand on her, trying to figure out what it meant. What if she was too late and he was just being nice about it?

"You're shivering." Jackson whispered as he hand went up an down her arm slowly, in attempt to warm her up. "You need to go and change before you catch a cold."

"That's the least of my problems right now." She said at the same tone as Jackson's. "I just need to know if I ruined it. Am I too late?"

"You're-" Jackson started saying but then a nurse walked inside to give him his pain killers. And Aurora knew that she just needed to get out of there. She knew that it wasn't a good sign that Jackson hadn't say anything.

But the whole reason he hadn't said anything was only because he had already expressed everything he was feeling. By showing her, telling her, kissing her. Now it was her turn.

×××

After an hour or two of sleep at an uncomfortable on-call room bed and a shower, Aurora wanted to visit Meredith and see her's and Derek' baby. The board members had gathered in Meredith's room, where Bailey was holding Derek Bailey Shepherd. Aurora stopped in her track when she saw so many people inside. But she just needed to see the little baby. After she found out that Meredith had some trouble, she needed to make sure that everyone was okay. "Oh, are you having like a meeting? I won't bother I just wanted to see this little cutie right here." She said as her and Bailey sat down by the couch awing at the baby in Bailey's arms. "Look what you made!" She looked between Derek and Meredith. "Congratulations you guys."