Chapter 10 - The Yule Ball

*One week later*

Ivory's POV:

Everyone seems to be acting strange lately. It feels as though things are not right. The whole situation with Cedric and Cho is still bothering me. Cho is so sweet and loyal. She really didn't deserve to be treated this way. She is heartbroken, and I feel guilty that I went to meet him at his dorm. I should have known that something wasn't right in the first place. He kissed me, not the other way around. I wouldn't be able to say this to anyone, they'd all be furious.

Draco still apologizes every day for shouting at me. He'a so devastated and angry at himself. He bought me flowers the next morning. I don't want him to beat himself up over it, or Cedric. He said he wouldn't hurt him. Only because I asked him to.

"Lost in your thoughts?" Draco asked, shaking my leg to get me out of the trance. I rolled onto my side, and curled up into a ball. Draco held on to me and put his head on my shoulder.

"What's up princess? Anyone bothering you? I will beat them up." He sounded slightly worried.

"Myself."

He grabbed my chin and turned my head to the side. "Excuse me gorgeous girl, I don't like this attitude."

"I know what will cheer you up." He slightly smiled, getting up. Draco grabbed a tray from the dresser and walked back to the bed. "I made you breakfast. Well, I magically made it."

I frowned, "Breakfast in bed, for me?"

"Of course for you my love."

He made me pancakes topped with fresh berries and syrup. Along with a cup of coffee. Draco is a sweetheart. Whenever I don't feel well, he treats me like royalty.

*knock knock*

Draco got up and opened the door. I walked over too after placing the tray on the nightstand. It was Luna and Hermione.

"Hi, I Hermione Granger, and Loony L-" Hermione tried to say before getting cut off by Draco.

"You treat her right, Mudblood.", Draco replied in a protective way, giving Hermione this fierce look.

Draco being protective over Luna, one of my best friends, is so attractive. This time I didn't even mind when he called Hermione a Mudblood.
Hermione gulped and stayed silent.

"Yule Ball invitations.", Luna softly said, handing me and Draco an envelope.

"Thanks. Now leave, especially you Granger."

"Thank you girls, I'll meet you later.", I awkwardly smiled, while I slowly closed the door again.

For ages, we have been talking about the Yule Ball,  and now we finally got the invitations. It got moved to after the holidays because of a dementor attack that happend at Christmastime. I'm glad they didn't completely cancel it, that would be a nightmare.

I looked over at Draco, who had thrown the invitation on his vanity. Not showing any sign of care. What if I pulled a prank on him? He would be so pissed off.

"Draco..., I have to tell you something.", I mumbled, trying to appear nervous. He came up to me and sat down on the bed. "And what must that be love? Don't tell me you didn't like the pancakes..." The expression on his face when he assumed it was related to my breakfast stunned me.

"You see, before we were together...someone had already asked me.", I gulped and opened the letter to show him what I meant.

"Who and what the fuck did you say?!" The tone in his voice immediately switched to anger.