Chapter 5 - The lost sister

*The next day*

Ivory's POV:

I sat at the table, silently eating my dinner. Fred sat across from me. Occasionally, he gave me a brief glance. The table was almost entirely empty today. Hermione, Ginny, nor Harry joined us tonight.

"It's awfully quiet here.", Ron said. We both looked at him and then back down. After a few minutes, Fred finally started a conversation with me.

"Look Ivory, what happened yesterday..., you don't have to apologize for his actions. But I should for mine. I was just so angry that he kept talking shit about my family. And I should have never said that to you. If you want to share your love with him, that's fine. I'm not the one to stop you. But that doesn't mean that I like him now though." He softly chuckled after his last sentence.

"Fred it's okay, honestly. I just feel so bad that my boyfriend is my friend's worst enemy."

"I thought he was yours too?", he frowned but jokingly.

"You're right about that yeah, but I figured he was different."

"Are you like actually in a relationship now?", Ron asked.

"We are just dating, but I think it might get serious."

"Fucking hell, she wasn't joking. Love is disgusting.", he said to himself, munching on his food.

"I don't think you'll think it's gross when you fall in love."

"How's George?", I asked when Fred stayed silent.

"George is fine, just a cut on his lip. But he has detention every day for two weeks now.", he sighed.

"That's so unfair, I'm sorry."

"You don't apologize, remember?" Fred looked at me, and a little laugh escaped his mouth. I smiled at him, and continued eating.

"Is Hermione still mad at you?", Ron asked.

I sighed and nodded. "Haven't seen her since the match."

-

"My nose fucking hurts." Draco groaned as he examined his nose in the mirror. There were still so many tissues covered in blood lying around his dorm from the fight. I sat on his bed and saw him looking at me through the reflection in the mirror. "Why do seem so upset?", he frowned, still inspecting his nose.

"I'm not, Draco..."

"Then what? You are looking at me as if what I said yesterday wasn't true."

"Because it wasn't Draco!", I groaned, letting myself fall back on the bed.

I heard him pacing through the room, it was unsettling. He then jumped onto the bed.
"I'm dealing with the consequences of your actions, Draco. And I'm sorry to say, but it sucks!" I watched him become speechless. "When I went to class today, people were gossiping about me and yelling things. They think I'm just like you..."

I have never seen him so quiet. I felt the need to comfort him but, I also wanted to tell the truth.

"Have I already told you that most of my friends now dislike me because you humiliate them as if they were nothing? And even more concerning is their belief that you will treat me wrong. Don't you think about how that makes me feel?" The silence was still painfully loud. He unexpectedly hugged me without saying anything. I got slightly overwhelmed by it. After a good 30-second hug, he let go and locked eyes with me. "I would never do anything to hurt you my darling."

*A couple of weeks later*

Ivory's POV:

The bright light that shined through the curtains woke me up. I put on my slippers and walked over to the window. As I opened them, I saw that everything was covered in snow again. Hermione woke up, "Gosh Rory, the light is too bright close the curtains!", she groaned, rubbing her eyes.