Chapter 5 - The True Novice

Start from the beginning

He starts transforming into this... Thing I can't even describe. So without further questions, I form my guitar sword/shield and moved close to Ed who's panicking.

Me: Um Ed, SNAP OUT OF IT!

Ed quickly comes back and we dodge Father Cornello's first punch. But the second one I just get caught and sends me flying through the wall with him.

Ed: CLARE!

I stand up limping a little. Damn, I'm surprised I ain't knocked out cold.

Me: I'm alright.

Ed swiftly jumps and sends a direct blow in Father Cornello's face, but ends up being thrown away. Quickly, I rejoin the battle, dodging his incoming punch and touched the ground, making a stone fist slam him in the stomach. He starts to fall back, giving Ed the same idea I had.

Ed: If you want to be him so much then here!

He makes a stone fist and hits the god statue, nailing Father Cornello to the ground. Before I could blink, Father Cornello turns back into his regular self, with full panic written on his face. Ed without wasting anytime, gets on top of him and grabs him by the collar.

Ed: Just stop it and give us the Philosopher's Stone!

But before we know it, the stone turns dark red and breaks into nothing. Um, what the heck? How does a stone do that?

Ed: What the hell? The stone is just gone. It's suppose to be perfect material, how did it just break like that?

Father Cornello: I don't know, I don't know anything about it, just spare me please?! I was wrong about my choices, spare me! I beg you!

Because it was never the real thing to begin with. 
I walk up to Ed and pulled him with me.

Me: It's just a damn fake.

Father Cornello: I'm hopeless without the stone! Spare me please?! I'm begging you!

We turn around to look at him.

Ed: We went though all of that and it was a fake.

Father Cornello: So.. What about me?

Ed: I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO, JUST GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Father Cornello jumps and runs away like a terrified mouse. I back up from Ed a little, being scared from his outburst of anger, but Ed grabs my arm lightly.

Me: Ed? You alright?

Ed: Yeah, I just wish we knew sooner it was a fake.

I nod and wrapped my arm around his back as he does the same with mine.

Me: Maybe next time, right?

Ed: Yeah, maybe next time.

We both walk out to meet up with Al and Rose. When we finally get to the front, we only find Al sitting on a ledge. Where did Rose go?

Me: Where's Rose?

Al: I don't know, she just ran off... So where's the Philosopher's Stone?

Ed: A phony, just like him...

We look down and I looked back to Ed.

Ed: I thought when we saw it, that we could get your body back Al.

As we were about to leave, we heard someone walk up to us... Rose?

Rose: Give me the Philosopher's stone.

Al: Rose?

Ed: Like I said it just before, it was a fake.

Me: Besides, it's shattered now.

Rose: You liars, you only want it for yourselves don't you? So that you can get your bodies back, that's right, and so that you can bring back your parents again.

Ed: SHUT UP! People don't come back from the dead Rose, not ever... Not ever.

She falls down onto her knee's, sobbing from the truth.

Rose: He said if I prayed, he would come back.

Ed starts to walk forward so I follow beside him. Al soon realizes we're leaving and catches up.

Rose: So what am I suppose to believe in now?!

We walk past her and I stop. I feel bad for her. It wasn't long ago I was desperate like that. However, Mustang saved me from going more down that path. Soon Ed stops and turns around to see me looking at her.

Rose looks to me and Ed.

Rose: Please?

Ed: I can't tell you that, you have to figure it out.

We begin to walk one more but Ed stops again and looks down to the ground.

Ed: Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward, you have two good legs so use them. You're strong enough to start your own path.

We then continued our way back to the train station. I hope she'll find her own path and start a new life.