Chapter 86: Covenantor (IX)

Start from the beginning

After Lu Xiufan left, Shang Ke found he had some free time. He spent his days either collecting information online or pondering how to complete the mission. Honestly, becoming the Yue Family's heir again wasn't difficult. The real problem was fulfilling the requirement of 'dying heroically'.

This was probably the reason why this world was considered a difficult one. The empire was fairly peaceful, there were no large-scale wars and all the major strife was internal. Assassinations, sneak attacks, conspiracies – dying in these types of circumstances would at most be considered bad luck or incompetence. The only feasible way might be to die while protecting someone.

As he contemplated this, the mansion's butler came to inform him, "The Queen sent a messenger to invite you to the palace for a chat."

Shang Ke felt puzzled, why would the Queen send an invitation to him?

Shang Ke changed into formal wear before following the messenger to the palace.

The Queen was sipping tea while sitting in the garden pavilion. Upon seeing Shang Ke arrive, she smiled and waved him over to have a seat.

Shang Ke originally assumed that the Queen had invited him in order to ask about Lu Xiufan; but instead, she just made small talk, leisurely chatting about meaningless trifles. After about an hour, the Queen allowed him to leave.

Weird, what exactly was the Queen trying to accomplish by inviting him over? Shang Ke racked his brain but still couldn't understand it.

Leaving the palace, Shang Ke went to pick up the car. An unfamiliar voice came from the side right after he arrived at the parking lot. "So this is Yue Ze? He really is a beauty."

Shang Ke followed the sound and found that he was surrounded by seven or eight people, one of whom was, astonishingly, Yue Xuan.

"Since he's such a beauty, why don't some of you try him out?" Yue Xuan offered laughingly to the men standing beside him.

"Tsk, he's under the protection of the royal family, how can we possibly touch him?" A tall man sitting on the hood of a hover car asked, his eyes lasciviously dragging over Shang Ke.

Shang Ke glanced at Yue Xuan. Trouble knocking before Shang Ke had the chance to look for it.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that. This big brother of mine is a covenantor. So long as you handle him with some care, he won't tell on you." Yue Xuan continued, "Her Majesty also knows of his identity and will not make things difficult for you, just for the sake of a covenantor. She may even be eager to distance him from His Excellency and take this as a favor."

Hearing this, Shang Ke vaguely understood why the Queen had invited him over. It seems that she'd found out he was a covenantor, and the one who shared this information with her was likely his 'respected' stepmother. The fact that the Yue Family's eldest son was a covenantor was known by only a few people, even in Luo Xu. Even if the Queen were to investigate this issue alone, it would take her some time to find anything substantial.

The tall man stroked his chin, revealing an eager expression as he jumped down from the hood of the car. He walked over to Shang Ke, looked him up and down, and said with satisfaction, "I've never seen such a beautiful covenantor, I can't imagine what making love to him would feel like."

"Haha, Doupu, won't we know once we try him out?" another man jeered.

"Alright," the tall guy said in high spirits, rallied by his companions. "There happens to be a place nearby, a warehouse. We can go there to play."

With boisterous energy, the men began to shove Shang Ke towards an underground warehouse within walking distance of the parking lot.

Shang Ke carefully examined the men around him. Their footsteps lacked finesse, their eyes were unintelligent at best. One glance was enough to tell they'd never undergone training; they were just a gang of indolent rich kids. Just as he was about to make a move, he saw Yue Xuan take a video camera out of a bag.