Part-17

Bondita's call broke his reverie and he stared at her with his brooding eyes. At that point of time, there were a lot of things going on in his mind. He was in a predicament of whether to take this step or not. He knew that Bondita was faultless, she had ran from her own wedding just to save his sister and saving her life was the only way to return the big favour that she had done on him. He held her hand and without uttering a word, took her towards the mandap. Bondita was benumbed. She just kept staring at his actions impassively. She had no control over the situation and she knew that nothing could stop this from happening now. She seemed as if she had completely surrendered before her fate. Everybody else was left dumbstruck by Anirudh's move. They badly wanted to end Bondita's life but then it seemed impossible for them to do this now. They rearranged the mandap unwillingly. A Pandit was called and the wedding rituals began yet again. Sumati and Vikram were released from the locked house but they still didn't forgive Bondita for her deed. Anirudh was given topor to wear on his head. He wore it reluctantly. His heart was aching. He was suffocating. He felt like crying at that moment. But he knew that he had to do it anyhow.

Same was with Bondita

Same was with Bondita. She couldn't process anything. The things were happening at such a fast pace, making her flummoxed. She watched everything happening around her with a blank expression. She felt void and nothing else.

Both of them had their own reasons for marrying each other. Usually weddings have an aura of joy and excitement. The environment is bright, colourful and grand. The families' happiness knows no bounds. It is a very crucial day in the life of the family. The mother has her own dreams regarding her daughter's marriage, the bride, herself sees many dreams about this special day of hers. She's happy and excited to enter into a new life but also expresses her sorrow on leaving the people whom she had considered her own all her life. But here, the situation was upside-down. The dreams of the mother were already broken into pieces, the dreams in the bride's eyes were replaced by darkness and fathomless pain. The aura was no more of joy and excitement, instead it was of gloominess and depression.

The rituals proceeded with the Saat Paak. Bondita was made to sit in a pidi and taken round Anirudh 7 times. Then came the time of the Subho Dristi, where Bondita removed the bettle leaves from her face to see her groom.