Part-4

It was already dawn but still Bondita sat in the same position with Sampoorna's head on her lap. She didn't sleep the whole night as she couldn't get over the happenings of last night. The thought of her Jamai babu abandoning her didi was constantly disturbing her. She was leaning on the head board of the bed and her gaze was fixed at the window. Just then, feeling some movements, she looked down and found Sampoorna twisting her arms after waking up from her sleep.

"Tu thik hai na abb didi?" Bondita asked a yawning Sampoorna.

"Tujhse baat karne ke baad kese main pareshan reh sakti hoon." Said Sampoorna and gave a faint smile.

"Tu mujhe puri baat bata ki ye sab achanak se kaise hua? Debashish jamai babu toh tujhse kitna pyaar karte the, phir?" Bondita asked at once.

"Achanak se nhi, humesha se sab aisa he tha bas mujhe dikha he nhi." Said Sampoorna looking out of the window.

"Matlab?" Bondita asked again.

"Matlab ye ki sab ek dhong tha, sabkuch, unka pyaar, unka mere liye fikr karna, meri shaadi, meri zindagi sab ek dhong he toh hai!" Tears stung her face, as she spoke further.

"Unka pyaar mere liye nhi, mere saath aane wale dahej ke liye tha, jaise he dahej ke paise khatam hue, unka pyaar bhi khatam hogya. Mere khane-peene, kapde, sab cheezon par rok-tok karne lage, rozz taane sunaye, haa... haath bhi uthaya, phir bhi main chup rhi, kuch nhi kaha, ye soch ke ki mere baba ki izzat dav par hai."

Bondita clenched her fist on hearing this. They played with her dearest sister's emotions just for the sake of money? No, she won't let them go off so easily. They will have to pay for the emotional damage they had done to her sister, no matter what!

"Par hadd toh tab par hui jab unhone dusri shaadi..." Sampoorna couldn't complete as a lump had formed in her throat.

"Ka...kya? Kya kaha, dusri shaadi? Yani bahuvivaah! Ye toh sara-sar nainsafi hai, galat hai ye!" Bondita could feel anger rising within her.

"Maine awaaz uthayi toh unlogo ne mujhe gaon walon ke samne beizzat kiya, kaha ki main...main apne pati ko khush nhi rakh pati, main sundar nhi hoon, iske baad mujhe chori hui aurat kehkar gaon walon ne nikal diya..." Sampoorna said and cried her eyes out.

"Tere saath itna kuch hogya aur tune hume batana bhi zaroori nhi samjha? Un haiwano ne tere saath itna galat vyavhar kiya aur tu chup-chap sabkuch sehti rhi? Meri Sampoorna didi itni kamzor kese ho sakti hai?" Asked Bondita dejectedly.

"Mujhme teri tarah himmat nhi hai Bondita ki main apne astitva ke liye duniya se lad jaun."

"Nhi hai toh himmat dikhani hogi tujhe, ladna hoga apne saath ho rhe anyay ke khilaf aur ye yaad rakh ki tu iss ladai main akeli nhi hai, teri Bondita hai tere saath." Bondita said holding her shoulders.

"Unlogo ko main chorne nhi wali, tere ek-ek aansu ki kimat chukayenge wo log, ye mera, Barrister Bondita Das ka waada hai tujhse."

___________________ __________________

The sun rose and brought a new day full of life and hope along with it but couldn't conceal the gloominess of the Roy Choudhary haveli. The Roy Choudharys were never the same again. The haveli was lifeless, there was no any reason for the members to celebrate or be happy. The aura of the haveli was depressing. The RCs kept themselves busy in their respective works in order to forget about their miseries, however in doing that, they entirely ignored each other. The family, which was once the happiest, had even forgotten how to smile now. The dining table was the sole reason for them to meet and see each other. In all these, there was one member who couldn't comprehend the family's actions, that was the youngest of all, Bela. She wanted her family to be happy just like any other family. She tried many times to bring them close, but everytime she tried, she met with failure. Binoy never talked with her, as he saw her as the reason behind his beloved wife's death, because Shubra, his wife and his children's mother, died just after giving birth to her as she had some complications during her pregnancy. Somnath, on the other hand, never seemed interested in the family, he was more attached to his father than anyone and was busy handling Binoy's alcohol business. Trilochan kaka and Anirudh were the only ones who had accepted her as a family member and loved her dearly. She was the only one who brought smiles to their frowny faces. Anirudh treated her not less than a princess, she was really special for him. After Aradhya's demise, Anirudh was traumatized, he had distanced himself from everybody, it came to him many times that he should end his life since he didn't have anyone to live for but then he got attached with a little Bela. She held his finger with her small hands and took away all his pain. Whenever he held her, he used to forget about all the gloominess in his life. With time, they bonded so well that they became each other's pillars of strength as well as weakness. And Trilochan Kaka, he took care of her just as a mother would do. He gave the love of a mother to both the brothers as well. Anirudh was close to Kaka, whereas he and Binoy were at loggerheads. The family had fallen apart completely after the demise of the ladies of the house.