1942: Back to Base

Steve's POV:

Bucky chuckled watching myself standing on a box so I could see over the crowds at the train station. It didn't exactly help much but it did make me feel better.

"Hello Stevie, Sarge," a voice called from behind me

I turned and the crowd parted like the Red Sea. My jaw slacked off from the sight of Evangeline. Before she left, she looked childish but now she looks like a woman. Her uniform now consisted of a dark green skirt, a white blouse, a small black tie, and a dark green suit jacket. A matching green hat rested on her nicely curled hair which was darker than I remember. Her skirt was slim cut and hugged every curve. Her blouse was tight in the right places making her stand out in certain places if you get what I mean. She seemed taller as well. Her eyes. Wow, her eyes were just amazing. I could see their pure, undaunted blueness from here. She was more than just any regular woman. She was My Woman.

"I'll have to say, Sweetheart, I'm a little lost for words," I admitted walking towards her.

Every man in the vicinity backed off as soon as they heard the nickname but it didn't stop them from staring. I smirked to myself. Damn right boys, she's mine.

"Oh c'mon Rogers, it's only been a year," she laughed hugging me, "Now where's my brother?"

"I'm right here," Bucky chuckled coming over to hug her. "How's Sergeant Barnes holding up in this rusty old town?" she said with a strict look.

"Amazing now that I have my little sister back" Bucky chuckled. Their brother and sister bond was truly amazing. They was apparently inseparable when they was younger.

"I was thinking about going to the dance hall," she suggested suddenly, "You boys in?"

"You can dance in that?" I said surprised.

"Oh heavens no, but I have clothes to change into," she replied with a laugh. She linked her arms with both our arms, myself being on her left and Bucky on her right, "Shall we boys?"

Bucky and I just laughed. I grabbed her suitcase as she led us off We went to Bucky's apartment first so she could change. While she was changing, Bucky and I waited by the couch.

"She's changed a lot huh?" Bucky finally broke the silence, glancing over at me.

I nodded.

"She's definitely grown up a lot," I said, "It's insa-"

I trailed off as Evangeline entered the room. If I'd thought she'd looked beautiful before, now she was stunning. She wore a vibrant blue dress that made her eyes pop. Her hair was curled and neatly pinned up. Her lips were now painted in a soft shade of pink. The locket around her neck drew my attention to the swooping neckline of the dress.

"Ready to go?" she asked snapping me out of mu trance.

"Uh, ye," I nodded standing up quickly.

"Actually, I'm not feeling that up to it," Bucky said softly, "You two go ahead."

"But Buck it's my first night back. We need to cele-"

"Evangeline, I feel a bit icky. Go ahead. We always have tomorrow," he cut her off with a smile, "I'm ok, I'm gonna hit the hay a little early tonight."

She didn't seem to like the idea but nodded.

"Let me just grab my pocketbook," she said heading back to her room.

"Don't screw this up man, this is your chance," Bucky said as soon as she was gone.

"Huh?" I questioned frowning.

"Oh c'mon I've seen how you look at her. Plus I've read most of the letters that you both sent back and forth to each other while she's been gone. Go take her out and show her a good time," he replied with a chuckle.

"Thanks, Jerk," I chuckled.

"Don't make me regret this, Punk," he snorted.

"Regret what?"

We both turned to see Evangeline was back.

"Nothing, Angel," I said wrapping my arm around her waist, "Let's go."

His Guardian Angel [Steve Rogers]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara