Ø7

15×08

Seattle was well known for its crazy weather. And it was exactly one of those mornings. Aurora was trying to get ready as fast as possible that morning, knowing that there were going to be many incoming traumas because of the weather. She was still staying at the hotel room, and it was as messy like never before. She was such a mess herself after she left from Jackson's place the previous day, she just kept throwing things around, trying to make sense of her life. But she only ended up making the room as messy as she was feeling.

After that big fight they had none of them was sure where they stood. Aurora felt like they had completely fallen apart. She felt unsafe. And that could only mean one of two things... Either Jackson was terrible for her or he was so good, that she was so scared that she'll lose him, that she ended up saying things she didn't mean to. Because when you're scared there is always something that is keeping you behind. Jackson had only made her feel safe, from the very start. So that had to mean something for them.

Her phone going off interrupted her by her search of her shoes. Thankfully her phone was on the nightstand and it was easily reachable. Jackson. She read the contact's name. "Yes?" She answered, her voice as steady as possible. 

"Well, good morning to you too." He said and Aurora rolled her eyes at him. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He told her and Aurora looked around to see if he was in the room and she had no idea. "I know you. Better than anyone."

"Don't need that speech this early in the morning. Do you need something? Is Audree okay? I need to get in the hospital, the pit is not going to run by itself." She commented and put the phone on speaker so she could wear her shoes when she finally found them.

The previous night Aurora had asked Amelia to go and take Audree from Jackson's place. There was a whole fight about how his daughter was not going to keep staying at a hotel room. Amelia called Aurora trying to make some sense of the situation. Jackson stole the phone and talked to his wife, "she has a perfectly good room right here, that took me weeks to decorate it. If you wanted to see her you should have come yourself." He had told her over and phone and Aurora let him have her this one time.

"Audree is just fine and she is right outside waiting to see you, like I am." He said and before Aurora could protest he hanged up the phone. He was feeling bad for the harsh tone of his voice the previous night and he wanted to somewhat make it up to her. 

×××

"Why are you here exactly?" Aurora asked as she entered Jackson's car. "Hi baby." She said turning around to look at her daughter who was smiling at her. "Did you give daddy a hard time? You should." Audree giggled at the tone of her voice, not completely understanding what her mom was telling her.

"Every minute with her is worth it." Jackson smiled at her, "Every minute with both of you actually." His smile dropped when Aurora sighed. "Well, I tried." He mumbled to himself. "I didn't want you to drive alone with this wind. So we came to get mom, right Audree? We love mom." Jackson took a glance at his daughter in the back seat, who was smiling widely.