"Mama." Audree exclaimed in her baby voice and Jackson turned back around to start driving. At the age of 13 months there's not a lot she was saying, but she knew who her mom and dad were.

Aurora shook her head, a small smile on her lips. "Oh, was that a smile?" But Jackson noticed it, even if it was really small.

"Shut up." Aurora muttered.

"I still got you to smile. I am calling this a win. Baby steps. You don't want to fight. I am fighting. I waited long enough."

"My daughter made me smile." Aurora said and acknowledged the way she was feeling at it was like for them to be a family.

"Well, I did help you in making her, so see? It all points back to me." Jackson said, a teasingly tone in his voice. He was willing to take every bitter comment, every single snap. He'd go through everything to make sure they were okay again. She wasn't running away from him, so that was a good sign, even if she said that she couldn't fight. Jackson was more than prepared to fight for both of them.

×××

"Okay, we got burns, car-wreck injuries, and flying debris has given us a ton of blunt injuries and several penetrating traumas." Owen informed Aurora as they were walking together towards the ER.

Aurora chuckled as she really needed the adrenaline of the day. "Wind storms are my favorite." She said and Owen laughed at her. "Yeah, you're gonna love this." She told the interns that were walking beside her. Until the entered the pit and they saw the chaos, a chaos worst than ever before.

"We're supposed to love this?" Levi wondered terrified, as the other two girls excitedly looked around at all the interesting cases. There was a woman with a selfie stick in her head and she was still alive and responding. 

"Sloan, I don't think we have room to treat all these patients, and Seattle Pres is already closed to trauma." Owen told her and an idea popped in her head. The chief was nowhere to be seen. So she decided to step up. It was her specialty anyway.

"Hey! Uh, hello!" She stepped on a chair and tried to get everyone's attention, but the voices didn't quiet down. "Everyone... Hey, be quiet!" The talking quickly stopped at her loud tone. "Listen up. We will move all stable patients upstairs to clear beds. We will stock disaster supplies on all floors. And we will notify the blood bank to have extra units on standby. We are staying open for trauma, but sheltering in place. This is a brick house, and no amount of huffing and puffing can blow us down." People were clapping at her as she finished talking and she smiled at herself.

"Hey, Sloan, you sure about that peds fellowship next year?" Owen asked her impressed. She was exactly what he needed in the pit.

Aurora laughed. "Okay, come on. Let's go." She told him and the interns. 

×××

Aurora, Jackson and Teddy were treating an old man, Louie, whose chest was impaled by a decorative candy cane. His wife was in the room with them.

"Do you see yourself? I told you not to go outside in that mess!" Veronica shouted at him, her high pitched voice, piercing through the doctors' ears, who looked at each other with a small smile on their faces.

"Do you see me? How about some sympathy? And stop shouting! Nobody can hear themselves think with you in here." Louie told her before speaking to the doctors. "Can someone please check my ears for years of damage?"

"So, you two are married, then." Jackson commented.

"Decreased breath sounds on the right." Aurora said, putting the stethoscope out of her ears. "He's got a small pneumo." Teddy added.