「Allure」Joseph 🕸 Y/n 🕸 Aesop

Allure—"The Dilemma in the Royal Ball"

            The men and women gathered round upon the queen's descent to greet those before her, and thus Aesop was left to charmingly greet those that had only noticed his presence. Everyone talk with sesquipedalian words, leaving Y/n to find something not business-related. In the absence of their master, Y/n stood by the walls, standing close to the cream walls, when a hand appears on their vision. Following from gloved leather fingertips to wrist, and to clothed arms of black rich fabrics, and to a man of black hair, not too tidy, and not too messy, with a patch of white that framed his face. He was... fairly attractive, however, Y/n knew well not to engage in conversations. Silently, Y/n watched him take their hands with his one bare hand, gently pulling them to his lips to kiss.

            "Why hello there." As velvety as he sounds, Y/n couldn't help but feel as if it was too honey-like, his voice.
"Greetings, Good Lord," Y/n replied with formalities lacing their voice, e/c gems gazing upon azure hues. 'Good Lord,' this greeting was very much the Carl estate's customs, so his eyes twinkled with delight, knowing who was their master.
"A servant of the Carl's Estate? I never knew he had other servants, and a cute one at that," The man's blue eyes somehow looked like that of a cats, awfully predatory. "Why don't I order a glass. It looks like your master is busy greeting all the other nobles. I'll spoil you in his stead~"

Ehem. The man pouted, looking at Y/n's master who stood, arms crossed. "Oh my, Aesop. I apologize. Your servant is quite eye-catching, like a little dove, who perched upon a raven's territory." The man had taken hold of their hand again, pressing another kiss onto it while Lord Carl looked at Y/n, who looked back innocently.
How were they able to continue looking innocent in this kind of situation?? Lord Carl looked in awe.

"Quite a beauty. Why don't we change servants? I'll give you my body guard, and you can give me your adorable little dove-" Y/n was pulled to their master's body, held closely like a lover. "No."
"Why?? My servant is quite buff!"

In the midst of their antics, Y/n saw the two nuns, looking at them... with glaring eyes.

If not for the two nobles in front of them, Y/n would have been painfully abused with a bible cladded in silver.

             In the midst of a waltz, to which Lord Carl and Y/n enjoyed the least, the girl in a detective attire bumped onto the servant. The servant panicked, and apologized, holding a hand out to the detective below.
There was no knowing that on her leathered glove was a ring of silver, and for that, Lord Carl immediately extended a hand before they could.

"If I may ask, what is a detective doing here in the queen's royal ball?"
Their eyes became serious. "It is something that people might find surrealistic, but-" Another male showed up, one who looked at the noble dead on the eyes.

"It is about a vampire that our client, the seer predicted. He saw them in their dreams, a dark night with the stench of death."

"My, my? Isn't that too... childlike?" The other noble asked with a smirk, "An art professor like I applaud such imagination." The man looked at Y/n, whose eyes twinkled e/c.
"The last thing I saw was crimson red eyes." There was nothing malicious with their eyes— just a shade of e/c that looks down on the marble floor.

          "One of the people we investigated, two nuns, told me that vampires have long been extinct in today's time, however, they were now sure that someone has been lurking in the dark." He continued to stare at the servant.
"Someone had also been caught lurking nearby hospitals, and they said that it was Lord Carl, the funeral director, and... Lord Joseph Desaulnier, the art professor."

           The man looked at the noble, who boredly stared back. "It is not me. The bloodbanks I buy are for the healthcare of those who can't afford it. The Oletus is already as bad as it is," said the man. Next was the male, Joseph Desaulnier. "Why— blood is art when painted to a canvas."
The detectives irked at the thought.

"Maybe it's not them," The female asked her partner in crime. "We will come back for you."

            Before they could move on to their next suspect, the lights dimmed, until there was black.
It was as if the inky night had finally devoured the light, bringing a terrific scream from the ladies.

            5

Everything was quiet, save for the butlers of the ball, who tried to ease the people. Movement was very constricted with the people panicking and shifting.

           4

The crowd was calmer, but there was a flapping of wings that could be heard.

           3

"I-it's biting me!" A sudden uproar came, to which another silhouette was framed by the moon, an animal in he dark with crimson eyes glowing in the midst of the night.

            2

"No! After that bat, hurry!" The detectives swam through the people, reaching the bat, who had taken blood from his victim.

            1

During the commotion, there was no telling what could be in the midst of the caliginous ball. In the panic of the people, the footsteps arrived behind Y/n. There was no time to act with their vampiric self. The nuns we're behind Y/n, and they suppressed the ability to crush their heads as a scream was heard, like that of a damsel in distress as something cold pressed onto them.

             0

          The lights went back on, just as the nuns dig onto Y/n'a wrist, scarring them with silver rosaries wrapped around their hands, the cross on their palms reacting violently to metal. "This is our culprit!" The nuns shouted.
The ballroom was silent, save for the cries of the seemingly human servant.

"I-i'm not— please, my skin is very sensitive!" Y/n plead, not wanting to use their abilities to hurt them. They weren't healing very well at all.
"Come on! Show yourself, vampire!"

          Before anything could bring more and more pain to the already crying servant, The Earl Desaulnier had pushed the nuns away, as Lord Carl pulled Y/n closer to him. "How did the low classes come here?!" A quite small man asked beside the queen who watched it all through her eyes. "You are an embarrassment! The queen is in here, and you lowly peasants are dirtying her floor!" The nobles followed suite.

            "Let's get going." Lord Carl's cape was put on to Y/n, and he smiled only for Y/n to see. The other earl smirked, seeing a glimpse of concern on the male's eyes. Lord Carl's face moved by their ear as the three walk out of the manor. "To cause quite a distraction for the detectives... you deserve a reward," he whispered, seeing their eyes look at them with a sad brow, and a pitiful look.

           "Shouldn't I get some recognition. Those detectives we're... not only your problem."

Y/n looked back at the man, as Lord Carl held them close. "Alright, alright. What will it be?" The man did nothing, but sought for Y/n's hands, which have been healed of the nasty metallic burn. "Actually, Lord Carl. If she truly is the vampire, then I wouldn't mind being of good use to your little servant. I heard that vampire bites are very... very... sensual and pleasureable." Y/n flushed red as the man laughed. "If it is alright for my servant. Y/n?"
Y/n silently nodded. "If it means I get to serve you more in my perfect condition, I will take the offer."

"What have you been doing anyways?" Lord Carl and the Earl Desaulnier were still up, the sleeping vampire, sitting by their master's lap as the bat from before rested by his arm, dropping a small amount of blood, encased in a vial.

"The hope diamond is still in my estate, sitting pretty."