「High-Rise Invasion」Joseph🎭Y/n

"High-Rise Invasion—I love you"

              From a day in the classroom to a night on top the buildings. There was nothing more she wanted to do but to survive the sudden shift of reality. Y/n L/n was dangling on a thread along with several people, and there was no knowing who would fall next. That being said, however, Y/n had met allies along the way, and proven to be a good god candidate, and through bravery and persistence to surviving the Gehenna which was this God-creating battle royale, Y/n had reunited with a friend from long ago, physically, but mentally? He was still on the palms of the mask's hands.

But who was he?

I made sure that she'd see me where I stand, drawing my fencing sword to battle my opponents.

Joseph Desaulnier was a graceful man with a charm that could make men and women fall to his feet. There were many to his beck and call, but there was one he preferred to share his most genuine thoughts with. One with a grade below average, and a knack to explore.

Y/n sighed as she stared at the book on her hand, slightly damaged from her battles won. There were so much she could have done before reality shifted to a darker turn. The rebellious daughter that wanted nothing to do with school actually missed it. Moreso that the rebellious daughter missed the man who she had taken control of.

It was still unknown of their feelings for each other. The intelligent and worshipped Joseph Desaulnier and the rebellious and unlikeable Y/n L/n. They were too far apart. It was a surprise that they'd even see each other.
Y/n noticed a drop on her book, and she sighed, wiping away her tears. She has to be strong. She needs to be strong.

The shivers of the h/c-haired god candidate was left unnoticed, being surrounded by programmed angels that lost their past memories. Y/n trembled, unable to stop. This was something Emma, Emily, or any of her human friends can't see, leaving masks to witness her vulnerable times. Y/n looked up to the fencer mask in the distance, asking him to come near. He obliged, walking with his graceful strides. Once he was in front of her crouched figure, Y/n outstretched her hand, one little order that any mask could do, and her only wish was that he, who was once Joseph Desaulnier, her only friend in the old chapters of her book, to hold her for dear life.

Y/n could only settle in the empty tusk that radiates warmth still, as his hands wrap around her waist, and hers arouns his neck. It was only her sobs that could be heard.
Thank god that Emma and Emily were somewhere else.

Y/n could feel the coldness of his mask, and sighed shakily. "Joseph Desaulnier... was your name. My Joseph Desaulnier..."
The Fencer mask looked at his master, but Y/n stayed burrowed on his chest. "Joseph... Desaulnier," the male mumbled in reply.

"You were the only friend I had before this whole god thing started."

"And my dear, I will make sure. I will make sure that I will bring you back."

The crack on his mask was unnoticeable as it was very small. Joseph Desaulnier, who could hear his friend's thoughts, smiled inside. All he wanted was Y/n's arms around him, and his around her. "When we're done with this hellhole. I'll be able to... watch you win the competition one more. Then maybe then... everything would be perfect."

"I love you... Joseph Desaulnier." Y/n rested in his chest, not seeing the tears that came out of his mask.

A few minutes passed, and words flew inaudibly out of his mouth.

He said,
"I... love you... too."