「High Rise Invasion」𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰.

I AM BACK YALL-
_
"High Rise Invasion—Hiraeth"

  This world I have been dropped to showed me so many... horrors and the only pity it gave me was a mask of no face.

Piercing e/c eyes glared at the setting sun, watching the sky turn to black. Lychnis clouds hide the sun's rays, and the night swallowed the day. It would have been a pretty sight if not for the blood bath that littered the road.

Her stay in this horror-filled realm was... unique. Earning allies, killing enemies, everything felt like a video game to her, but she knew well to push that thought back in her mind. Despite this sudden change, to which she had long adapted to, she found herself missing the boring days of class. She remembered how she was transported.

Y/n sat by the walls of the school building, opening a flask to relieve herself with a small amount of whiskey. Y/n had once again skipped her detention period. She did not care, especially when she ran out of fucks to give. It was as simple as that. Just as she closed her eyes, she opened them once again, expecting the grass, but instead, she sees tiles of a building, and railings at the edge. Beside her was a box, and a faceless mask laid inside.

And that was how she ended up here, battle scars from swords, knives, and a graze of a bullet just in three nights. The flask she brought the other day became water, and she found herself wanting to float with the influence of good ol' whiskey.

Y/n sighed, "I never wanted to be a god at all. I just want to survive..." Her mind was in shambles, and even more with the tempestuous  thoughts in her head.

Just as she was deep in her thoughts, the appearance of a mask from a building made her remember that there is no time for recollection.

           Y/n took notice of a masked male running his way to her location, and she watched the man reach over to slam her head with a baseball bat, when the figure quickly dodged and bring her elbow to his neck with brute force.
He slammed to the wall, a crator following through. The gun on her belt was now on her hand and she shot the man from the back of his head. Y/n sighed, as if it had become a normal occurrence to deal with masked people.
Despite being a god candidate, the feeling of strength coursing through her veins was still dream-like. Y/n shivered as the breeze followed through. The cold wind that the night was bringing was already there.

"Y/n!" She looked back, noticing her ally, Emma running over to her with a hug. "Emma..." Y/n buried her face on her ally's shoulder, smiling, "I'm fine."

Behind her was a masked man, someone Emma held dominion over after being a god candidate. "I came as soon as I heard the gunshot." Y/n swiftly caresses Emma's cheeks, wiping her tears.

"That boy we saved is awake, by the way, but he looks pissed." Y/n nodded, a mask of a smile on her lips and the two walked down to the camp, by the second to the last floor of the building.

            "Where is that masked geisha lady, I swear I'll-!" Y/n smiled as she appeared at the door where the male was tended to by Emily, the camp's medic. On a different table, there were three masked men, one holding a coffin like a weapon, one male eating pizza while holding three balls from his little pouch, and a masked man taller than the two, wearing a fencer's outfit.

"I'm glad you're awake," Y/n smiled, sitting down.
"I was so close to beating that masked lady!" He gritted his teeth in annoyance. "You know, they're humans too, right?" Emily mumbled as she tightens the gauze on his leg. "I didn't need anyone's help, and-" he pointed at the four masked people, "-Why are there masked people in here?!"

"They are under us."
"Under you- so were you controlling that masked lady?!"
Y/n laughed, "Nope! I can only control three masks." She pointed to Emma, "She can control six."
"Anyways, I suppose you don't trust us enough to tell us your name, so we'll introduce ourselves."
Y/n pointed to herself, "I'm Y/n. I guess you could say I was a rebel student." "And by the looks of our uniforms, you look like we're from the same school." He nodded. "I'm Ganji... Ganji Gupta."

"I'm Emma! I am just a gardener, nothing really special! But since I am a god candidate, I guess that's one special thing!"

The doctor stood up, "I'm Emily, the doctor." Y/n clapped her hands. "We should rest for now. Luca and Tracy haven't alerted us of an attack so far." Y/n looked at Ganji, "They're great mechanics. One of them is a god candidate, and a childhood friend." He squinted his eyes, not trusting her fully.

Y/n smiled, "Rest well. We'll be here for more than a while."