Carla pulled back with tears in her eyes. "Fine? Do you know how many black eyes I've covered up for you?" she spoke lowly, so no one on the other side of the door could hear.

               "I am fine." I reassured, wiping the tears that fell down her cheeks in sympathy for me. "Just do the makeup before he gets here, please?"

               Carla inhaled deeply to control her own emotions. "I hate this shit." she said heatedly as I sat in the makeup chair, "I wish I would've fucking known about this when I accepted this job. Now I can't expose his punkass since I signed that goddamn NDA."

               Before joining me and Cairo's team, he made sure everyone around us signed non-disclosure agreements. "Please, just...do the makeup."

               Carla scoffed and came in front of me. She started on my makeup, perfecting it to cover the bruise beneath my eye. I allowed the rest of my glam team back in the room. I listened to the sound of the masculine, baritone voice through the walls and gulped nervously in the chair, as my hairstylist redone a few of my box braids in the front to look newly done. His voice became closer before he walked into the room, with the five year old boy in front of him.

               My husband was incredibly handsome—six foot one, coffee bean complexion, and dreads.

               Cairo Norman—a Jay-Z leveled music mogul, rapper and singer that started the first black owned record label based in Dallas, NRMN Records, and was the youngest Nigerian American to do it. He's an icon. An inspiration to young black boys on the South Side of Dallas where Cairo was born and raised.

               Seven years we have been married. The world yearned for our marriage; for our life.

               But everything that glitters ain't gold.

               "Jay-Jay!" his five year old nephew, Margo, raced to me.

               Despite the pain shooting underneath my left eye, I smiled. "Hi, handsome!"

               My hairstylist scooted out the way for Margo to hug me. I groaned, picking him up to place on my lap when my eyes glanced at my husband. He eyed me for a quick second, swiping his nose.

               Clearing my throat, I looked at Margo as he said, "I missed you

               Clearing my throat, I looked at Margo as he said, "I missed you. Dad let me come."