A Different Perspective

Benjamin Pov:

I tossed and turned in my sleep, 9 times out of 10 when I sleep I have horrible nightmares.
You may get chills wondering what nightmares are made of for a killer. It isn't something you want to hear.

I opened my eyes and groaned, I moves a little but there was weight on my arms. I remembered that Alex was in my arms fast asleep snuggled into my chest, carrying my children.

I looked down at her head and kissed it, I'm sorry Alex...I'm sick..very sick...and you think you could have a normal life with me..you think I'll be a good father.

But I am afraid..I'm afraid I'll mess up those kids worse than me no matter how hard I try not to.
I've already hurt you so much, fuck.

I will get better..I will! I swear it...

I slip out of her arms and go to take a shower, I look at my face and smirk a little, it's covered in scars  from that time she scratched my face not only that but she chipped one of my back teeth from a punch, of course I deserve it so I'm not complaining whatsoever.
So strong...she'll be a good mom.

I take a quick shower and get dressed..I walk out the bathroom and I almost left the room when I saw her starting to stir.

"Five?" She mumbles

I get happy tingles just hearing her talk, I walk up to the bed and she grabs my hand, she is starting to show quite a bit, it has been 5 months.

She looks up at me half awake "fiive..where are you going"

"To Siberia"

"smart ass"

I laugh a little"Im going to cook breakfast what do you want you gotta eat something, it's for the baby"

"Babies"

"Right, we still need to get stuff for..them"I gesture to her stomach

"Well you're off we can do that today"

"Alright, breakfast"

"Bacon and eggs"

"I can do that " I kiss her hand "I'll bring your food to you when it's done"

"Thank you" she lets go

"I love you" I kiss her head

She smiles

I walk downstairs to cook breakfast, this feels so surreal. I felt like this life was just so out of reach but now I have it, I just wish I didn't get it the way I did.

I bring her up her food and  she is sitting in the window caressing her stomach humming a tune.
I was taken aback at how beautiful she was...
She was in a hoodie and a pair of my boxers but she purposely uncovered her stomach to touch it.
Her stomach has stretch marks on it but  it also has a bunch of scars too, I can see them on her legs as well..
All these blemishes and yet she is like a delicate peice of glasswork that I cannot tear my eyes away from...radiant.

I knock on the wall and she looks at me "hey"

"What were you thinking about?" I hand her the plate

"Life...it's nothing" she takes it and starts to eat

"Nono now I'm curious" I sit by her

"My mom always told me to get married...make sure you find a person you can make a family with..spend your live with...make sure things won't fall apart.
I always thought I could find it the normal way like meeting him on a dating app, at work anywhere! We'd date then officially become a couple..We'd marry after a couple years..move in together have a family... I am not unhappy with the way things turned out but I am kinda-"
Nothing about our relationship is normal and I'll do anything to fix that..anything but I'm about to do isn't for that reason..it's because I'm ready and like she said..this should have happened first

"Marry me.." I said

She snapped out of her daze "what?"

I take her hand "Alex..I want to marry you..I've made up my mind I want to put down roots with you I'm committed to you! I have stripped you of the normalcy you deserve and that's unfair...I want to marry you...the old fashioned way..I want to ask your father for his blessing I want to give you a proper wedding...I want to give you the world"

Alex starts to cry

"Is this too much?, don't forget there is no repercussions to saying no. I'm not that person anymore" I touch her cheek

"I just-...I-...yes I'll marry you idiot"

I try to hold back tears

"You can pick out your ring this was kinda a spontaneous thing wow we're...we're engaged!" It slowly dawns on me what I have just done "Holy shit"

She looks a little worried "were you not prepared? We don't have to right now"

"Nonono I want to! It's just...wow..this is moving kinda fast but it feels..right!"

"I feel the same way" she states all giddy

I lean in and kiss her and sparks fly through my body, she kisses back.
This goes on for a minute and them I pull back "enough of that...now eat!" I ruffles her hair and smile

"Ack..fiine!" She finally tucks into her food

My babydoll...
No not that..something more endearing
I'll figure something out