(Chapter 13) A new dawn

Start from the beginning

"Well, first off: that you kept disappearing suddenly." Aw, shit. "Wait, you saw me flying away?"
"Wait wait wait. That means every time you disappeared you flew, right?" I nodded. "How does that work?" Chara asked.

"Well, it works similarly to how I hide my wings. Uh, it's kinda hard to explain. I can put them into a different dimension in which they become hidden." But Chara stopped me. "Then why can I feel this warmth when you laid them around me?" She asked. "Wait, he did wha-" Frisk started but Chara raised a hand to silence her.

"That's the power of my Grace that is still shining out," I explained. "Your what please?" Oh, right...

"My Grace. The Grace is like the center of an angel's power. It's their very essence, basically, Grace is what makes angels, angels. Its power is running through my whole body but it shines out the strongest through my wings. And it's such a strong energy that it shines trough even with hidden wings." I explained a bit more in detail.

"Oh, I understand now. But I have a question. I mean like uhhhh, are you immortal or something?" Frisk asked nervously. "Pretty much yes. This here." I raised my right hand a bit and called out my blade. "Is basically the only thing, that I know, that could really kill me." They both flinched a bit.

"This is an Angel's Blade. Like I said it's the only weapon that can kill an angel. In my case, since I'm a descendant of an archangel, an archangel blade or something equal is needed." I made it disappear again.

"Remind me, why was I worried again when you fell down back then?" Chara joked a bit. "Because you cared?" I asked. I am a bit afraid of what she'll answer. "Yeah, I did."
"And I hope you still do?" I asked still unsure. "Of course, dumbass!" She let out a small chuckle.

"Anyways, my disappearing wasn't the only thing that made you suspicious right?" They nodded. "Well, yeah the thing with your fall. These additional bones in your back, makes sense now with your wings." Chara listed the things. "Then that I saw you how you healed Charlie-" Chara was cut off by Frisk. "On which I wanted to thank you, for saving her." She smiled shyly.

"No problem. I just couldn't stand seeing you two so down." I replied honestly. "Hehe. And I found a feather from you." Chara laughed a bit. "What? Really? So I did lose one again." When was that? "That happens often?" I shook my head. "Not anymore. When I was "younger" I lost quite a lot of them but now only now and then."

"That brings me to another question, do you like age or something?" Once again, I shook my head. "Nope. I've been like this for 16 years. I think I could age or change my body if I'd want to but haven't tried it, since I like this body." I literally can see the fascination in Frisk's eyes. "By the way, what is about the basic needs? Like, food, drink, sleep... do you need to breathe?" I laughed a little.

"Well, technically I have no need of eating or drinking to survive but here's the thing. Since I did live with humans I did eat and drink. When I eat my Grace just uses it as extra energy but since I did it for so long that I got used to having that extra energy, that means if I don't eat in a long time I'm getting a bit dizzy and my concentration is kinda screwed and stuff like that."

"As for sleep, I only need very little sleep like you already figured out. And yes I still have to breathe, but I can come out without any for quite a long time. A couple of hours maybe."

"Oh boy, my head..." Frisk laughed while holding her head and shaking it. "But back to the healing part. Does it work like healing magic?" Chara asked but I shook my head once again. "No, healing magic can only heal wounds, not every too. But I can heal everything." She raised an eyebrow in a skeptical manner. "Everything?" I nodded. Her eyebrow went up even further.