26. I JUST WOKE UP FROM A COMA

Começar do início

I lean my back against his chest and he questions, "Are you going to freeze every single time I tell you that I love you?"

I shake my head quietly with a sheepish smile tugging at my lips as his hands guide my movements.

"Liza, I have to tell you something." He speaks after a while.

I turn around his hold and frown at his somber expressions, "What's wrong?"

"Not now. Tomorrow, maybe?"

"No, I am curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat, bambi. Don't you know?"

I pout, "Then you shouldn't have told me about it."

He chuckles and flicks my nose, "Not sorry."

"No steak for you." I narrow my eyes at him.

"You won't eat without me." He says proudly.

I stand on my toes and peck his lips, "I won't."

My heartbeat accelerates as his eyes shift to my lips again and he leans down only to be interrupted by the clearing of a throat. My eyes grow wide as I saw Elijah standing at the entrance with his arms folded above his chest.

Immediately, I jump out of Nick's hold and turn to face Elijah who was staring blankly at Nick, "You're corrupting her."

"I was going to kiss my girlfriend." Nick counters.

"Who also happens to be my sister."

"I just woke up from a coma."

"I can't believe you're using the hospital card, bastard."

"It always works so why not."

I slap Nick's chest and he smirks at me, "What?"

"Don't joke about something like that." I say with a frown.

"I am sorry, bambi." He says and kisses my forehead.

"Okay, go and sit outside both of you. I'll bring the food."

"I'll help." Nick offers.

I shook my head at him, "I know you are recovering quickly but don't overexert yourself." I say to him.

"Okay." He sighs in defeat and follows Elijah out.

I exhale a large puff of air and rest my back against the counter. Truth is, Nick was only going to distract me, not deliberately though. When I am in a room with him, he takes all of my attention and even if I want to focus on anything else, I can't because my senses become utterly consumed by him.

Nothing else matters in my surroundings when he is staring at me with those midnight blue eyes that remind me of all the love stories in the world. The same eyes hold a promise that after every dark night, there will be light the very next day.

It was scary to think how much he affected me but he was Nick and he had every right to do so and that thought alone, put a blanket of comfort over my heart.

---

"I hate Professor George." Lily groans from beside me.

"Get in line." The girl sitting in front of us whispers over her shoulder.

I place a hand over my mouth to prevent myself from chuckling as I do a survey of class and find everyone to be either yawning or using mobile phones.

"We will be performing a class activity in the next class. I am telling you beforehand because it will be marked." Professor George announces.

There is a chorus of groans that echoes throughout the room making the professor glare at us, "Get out of here, you nasty brats." He scolds.

Lily and I dash out of the class and sigh loudly, simultaneously, "He is the real pain in our asses."

"True." I say in agreement.

"Where's Nick, by the way?" she asks.

"He said he'll join us for lunch. He'll be here any minute now." I tell her.

She nods her head and mumbles an 'okay' before we start to make our way towards the cafeteria. Suddenly, I remembered that I had to drop my books in my locker so I turn to Lily, "Hey, you go and I'll come after keeping these in my locker."

"I'll come with you." She offers.

"No, no. I'll be with you in a minute." I reassure her and she leaves.

The hallway is mostly empty so I start to make my way towards the end where my locker was. I place my books inside and shut the locker.

I gasp and place a hand over my heart in fright, "What's wrong with you?"

He chuckles and takes a step in my direction causing me to step back, "You're like a kitten, I swear."

"What do you want?" I ask, trying to compose myself.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk."

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask.

I was beginning to get extremely uncomfortable in his presence. He is starting to feel like a stalker who keeps tabs on me and pops up only when I am alone.

"Can I take you out sometime?"

My eyes widen as I stare at him incredulously, "I have a boyfriend."

He scoffs, "Where is he? I haven't seen him around."

"Right here." A chilling voice answers from behind him.

" A chilling voice answers from behind him