Chapter 2 - Mind Control

Narrator POV
While everyone was busy doing their own thing no one noticed that there was a monster roaming around the school. The monster is called the Ukatani. It was created by a powerful witch who hated when people lied. The monster inflicts pain on those who lie in order for them to tell the truth. The monster can become invisible to any supernatural being even a tribrid like Hope. That's why no one saw it coming. Not only did the monster inflict pain but it also messed with people's minds. Making people do harsh things to others. It looked like an octopus mixed with a man.(see picture above the picture belongs to wiki fandom) The Ukatani can be control by a herectic. The Ukatani decided to use a weak link so it had its eyes Josie.

Josie's POV
I was getting ready to go see Hope and hang out with her when I started to hear whispers in my ear. I thought it was nothing and kept getting ready. I then left a light tap on my shoulder. I thought it was Hope coming to scare me but it wasn't. It was a tall creature. I looked into its eyes then everything went black.

Narrator POV
Once the Ukatani took over Josie's body she was a new person. She wanted to cause destruction and chaos. She also completely forgot about her little date with Hope.

Hope's POV
Two hours had passed it was 12:00 and Josie never showed up. I'm starting to think that she didn't actually like me and that she was just playing with my feelings. I decided to go check on her but she wasn't in her room. I woke up her sister. "Hey! Hey! Lizzie!" I said. "I don't know im drunk I thought she was here." she said. I started to get worried so I went to get her dad. "Mr.Saltzman" I said. "Oh hi Hope are you ok you looked scared" he said. "I am Mr.Saltzman your daughter Josie is missing!" I said "What how can that be" he said. "She was suppose to come to my room so that we can hang out but she never showed up so I went to her room and she wasn't there either" I said. "We have to go find her." he said. Me and Mr.Saltzman stayed up all night doing spells and reading books. Then we came across the Ukatani. It inflicts pain on liars, messes with people's minds, and can be controlled by herectic. So we came to the conclusion that Josie was taken by the Ukatani and given to a herectic. I used a different spell we found on the page to find Josie. She was in New Orleans.

Narrator's POV
Mr.Saltzman formed a group that would go help him find Josie. He only brought the strongest, fastest, and smartest people. The people were Hope, MG, Lizzie, Kaleb, Jed, Rafael, and Landon. While they were boarding the bus Josie was being tortured. The herectic did a spell so that if she stabs Josie Josie won't die but she will be in a lot of pain. When the gang got to New Orleans they had to do their magic secretly because the Ukatani can sense magic being used.

Josie's POV
Everytime I open my eyes all I see is a knife going through over and over again. I keep on spitting out blood and I feel bones in my body breaking. "Aww is this too much for you?" I hear a woman say. She laughing at me while I feel pain everywhere. Then she says "I'm going make you turn against your own girlfriend" I didn't understand who she talking about and then clicked she was talking about Hope. I told that Hope wasn't my girlfriend. But I did want her to be. Then I saw that octoman show up everything went dark again.

Narrator's POV
The herectic was going to make Josie think that its Hope's fault that she was getting tortured. So she made the Ukatani mess with Josie's mind. While this was going on Hope was chanting a different locator spell to figure out where  Josie was.

Hope's POV
After I finished doing the spell I saw that Josie was in the same place where my uncle Elijah was killed. That's when I knew who was keeping Josie hostage. I told everyone where to go and what the plan was but as soon as we were about to leave I heard a loud bang. A bomb had just went off.

Vote if you want more chapters😁❤