"You guys go on and catch up, we are heading back to the hotel" Tammy called out.

Blake greeted his siblings, even though they all talked yesterday when Jace was out.

They got in her car as Sparrow wagged his tail at him happily.

"Hey bud, I missed you" he smiled.

He pet his fur and he flopped his tongue out of his mouth happily.

Blake drove him to the hotel his parents are staying at so he could grab his skateboard and she parked her car outside of her hotel. She left Sparrow in the room and a camera around her neck.

"How have you been?" Jace finally asked.

"Good, you?"

"Very good actually."

Blake nodded and hopped on her skateboard and began skating, Jace joining as well.

"I missed this" he said.

She nodded in agreement and she went to this high mountain before climbing up it. She sat herself on the rock and began taking pictures, Jace sat next to her silently admiring her.

"You look beautiful."

She looked at him from the corner of her eye for a few seconds before going back to taking pictures. "Thank you."

"Do you still love me?" Jace asked randomly.

The question was weighing on his heart and he had to know. He still loved her so much and he will forever be guilty for the heartbreak that he caused her. He just hoped that she still loved him, because if she didn't and she didn't want to be in a relationship he would accept that. As much as it would hurt him he would accept that. As long as she was happy in the end then he was okay with it.

She let out a sigh and fiddled with her camera strap.

"I.. I do, yeah."

He let out a breath of relief and scooted slightly closer to her.

"So there is a chance we can get back together?"

Blake looked over at the man she grown to love. The person who pissed her off their junior year.

She wondered where in their relationship they would be. If they never broke up they would have been dating about six years by now. She wondered if they would have been engaged or still dating. She didn't know.

She nodded slightly.

He smiled at her and she looked down at her feet that were now bare.

She was still scared, she was scared of going through heartbreak for a third time. She didn't want to go through that pain again. She was tired of suffering some sort of pain.

They sat on the rock for a while before Blake dropped Jace off.

She went back to her hotel room and got all ready for bed before laying down.

She laid awake for a while, staring out the side window before calling someone off her phone.

"Hello? Are you okay?"

Jace's worried, tired voice filled Blake's eardrums. It was almost three in the morning but Blake needed to talk to him.

"I'm okay" she spoke softly.

She heard shuffling on his side of the room before the wind hitting the speakers. "Sorry had to step outside" he whispered.

She nodded despite him not being able to see and wrapped the blankets tighter around herself.

"Is something wrong?" he questioned the silent girl.

"No."

He nodded and stared off the balcony the room had. He brushed his hands through his hair to get rid of the bed head that had formed.

"I'm scared" she stated in a whisper.

"Of what?"

She gulped and stared at her dad's ashes that sat upright on the little side table next to the bed that held a phone and a small lamp.

"Dating you."

A sharp pain shot through his heart and he sat down on one of the chairs. "Why?"

She shuffled in her bed and let out a small breath, her eyes glancing over to Sparrow who laid sprawled out on the bathroom floor.

"I don't want to get hurt again."

Silence consumed the young adults and Jace nibbled on his lip. "I know you don't trust me as much as you did, but I can promise you that nothing, and I mean nothing will ever come in between us again. I won't hurt you again Blake."

Thoughts raced through her mind as she clutched her hair, a headache forming.

"Can you come over?"

"To your hotel?"

She hummed, her eyes slightly drooping. His voice was getting her tired.

"Yeah I can come over, just give me a couple minutes."

"Mkay" she murmured sleepily. "Room ThreeB, I'll leave the key slightly under the door."

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

She lazily got out of bed and stuck her room key under the door so it was sticking out a bit. She laid in bed and slightly began to regret asking Jace to come to her hotel room. But she missed him, she missed him way too much. She was also way too tired to think rationally, not sleeping in about thirty three hours and taking five melatonin's to get her to sleep made her brain foggy. All she knew was that she wanted Jace to hold her as she went to sleep just like they did when they dated. She enjoyed the feeling of home that he had brought to her.

After what seemed like a while, Blake heard the door click open. Sparrow jumped up from the bathroom and began growling at the intruder but recognized Jace almost instantly. He pet him before sliding in the bed next to her after taking his shoes off. He didn't want to touch her, not wanting to make her uncomfortable but he was slightly shocked when she latched herself onto him almost instantly.

"Just give me a bit more time okay?" she asked sleepily.

"Take your time, I waited three years for you, I can wait longer."

She nodded and he rubbed her bare arm softly.

He enjoyed the feeling of her in his arms again.
———
4-12-21