Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Lᴀᴋᴇ

The night covered the city of Camelot was under a blanket of darkness as a storm raged outside

The night covered the city of Camelot was under a blanket of darkness as a storm raged outside. The siblings were assisting the physician in attending to his patients in the lower town.

Merlin helped him put on his cloak while the witch gathered the equipment into a bag as the physician spoke with a woman. "If he's no better in the morning, let me know," he informed her, to which she only nodded with a grateful look.

The three of them made their way outside, towards the castle, glad that the raining finally stopped. They were walking down a street when the girl noticed a cage in the middle of it. Too curious, she approached it, shocked to see a young girl inside of it. Her brother stopped a few steps ahead and turned towards their guardian with a questioning look.

"Gaius!"

The physician abruptly stopped and spun around to face them, his gaze landing on the cage. "She's a fallen prey to a bounty hunter," he spoke up, making the witch furrow her brows.

"She's only a girl," both siblings responded in unison, and the physician sighed. "She'll still fetch a good price, though," Gaius told them, which caused the sorcerers to look at him in disbelief.

"Someone's going to pay for her?" Merlin asked, quite horrified, to say the least.

"Uther offers a handsome reward for anyone with magic."

The raven-haired girl scowled at that. It didn't surprise her anymore, given the knowledge of what happened to Queen Ygraine. She glanced at the girl in the cage, giving her a pitiful look. "There must be something we can do," Elle murmured, making the old man look at her.

"Estelle, Merlin, bounty hunters are dangerous men. They're not to be meddled with. You two of all people should understand that." With that, the physician resumed his walking.

The siblings looked at the girl once again before exchanging a look, already thinking of a plan.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

Later that night, the two of them sneaked outside their room, careful not to wake the sleeping physician.

They made their way back to the tavern, in front of which the cage stood. Estelle nodded towards the door to the building, and her brother instantly understood. He peeked inside, his eyes searching for the bounty hunter, and find him he did. The man was stuffing his face with food, giving them a perfect opportunity to execute their plan.

Meanwhile, the witch smiled at the girl, slowly approaching the cage. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help," she assured her, but the girl didn't answer and instead just watched as the witch held her hand towards the cage.