Sᴡᴇᴇᴛ Dʀᴇᴀᴍs

A chill ran down her spine as the witch stood in the arena, unable to move

A chill ran down her spine as the witch stood in the arena, unable to move. Glued to the spot, she was forced to watch as an unfamiliar man ran his sword through Arthur, her heart feeling as if it was moments from shattering into pieces.

Her mouth opened, but the screams of panic and horror never left. Never had she felt so hepless and horrified.

"Estelle!"

She could hear a distant voice calling her name as dizziness overpowered her. With tears still streaming down her face, she tightly closed her eyes.

"Stell!"

Essentially, the voice became clearer, and she regained her consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open, and she had to blink a few times to adjust her vision to the dim light of the room, relaxing at seeing the Prince leaning over her with a worried expression, his hands cupping her face.

He let out a deep breath, relieved that she had finally stopped thrashing around. "A-Arthur," she whimpered, her lips trembling. It wasn't real. He was very much alive and with her.

Then why did it feel so real?

It had to be another vision, another warning shown to her. She gulped down a sob since the image of him dying had been carved in her mind.  

With his thumbs, Arthur wiped away her tears, observing as she tightly closed her eyes. Both of them were now glad that he convinced her to stay in his chambers throughout the night. "You scared me to death," he mumbled.

Arthur laid down, pulling her into his comforting embrace, and the girl fully relaxed, keeping her eyes shut while he grazed her cheek with his warm fingers.

Though he had no idea what was that about, he was glad it was gone.

"Promise me to be careful, please," she whispered, and he halted his movements, gazing at her in utter bewilderment.